CTI Cesaroni Technology

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
garytortoria-6inthor-cti-m2045bs_ldrs30_9-2-11_fri_ral_rl1d5826-1.jpg

CTI F36 Smokey

DSC0009-M.jpg

CTI F30 White Longburn. As much as I love the Vmax motors, the white long is starting to become my favorite. The thing just kept going. I am planning on sticking four of them in my Viper at NERRF.

DSC0003-M.jpg

One of my biggest fears is CTI 24mm are not selling well and would get dropped. When I look at what ppl are buying, I rarely see or hear of the CTI Pro-24's. I love them. So I hope that is only my perception. The Pro-24 picks up nicely where the 24/40 from AT leaves off.

One of my biggest fears is CTI 24mm are not selling well and would get dropped. When I look at what ppl are buying, I rarely see or hear of the CTI Pro-24's. I love them. So I hope that is only my perception. The Pro-24 picks up nicely where the 24/40 from AT leaves off.

I think you'll be pleased soon then. My understanding is that they have a number of new 24mm reloads coming out soon.

Hi Folks! Thanks for Gary for starting this thread. Great idea. For a while we may double-post on RP and TRF and then see how things go.

Great shot of the K590's. I really like it. Here is another one. Pro29-6G Green3 H159 courtesy of Greg Smith.

View attachment 82453

Jeroen

Now that is GREEN I flew one of the green loads... thing left the pad so fast I didnt see the green... Gonna have to try it in a Big low and SLOW.. thats BEAUTIFUL!!

Is that the K590??? or the H159.. thats GOTTA be a K

Mark
Awesome! pic & vid..Got any video of the air starts?

Wish I did... guess I am going to have to do it again at LDRS for you...

Last edited:
same here i love these little guys and try to buy them as much as i can because i have also thought about them not selling and being dropped. i might stock up on a bunch just in case

watched my first high power launch last month ( big daddy + f240)=big daddy on my work bench :grin:

I almost exclusively use the 24mm motors at the monthly CATO launches. Since I like clusters, I have a fair amount of 24mm hardware. I have 4 of the 1 grain cases and 2 of the 3 grain cases and soon I will add a couple of the 6 grain cases. When I built the scratch stealth thing, I opted to give it a 24mm mount just so I could use the 3 grain motors. Seriously cool for the smaller rockets I like to fly. I can't wait till NERRF when I can stretch the legs of my Viper IV and Heavy Duty Beauty, both rockets have 4, 24mm mounts.

My Viper with a pair of E75's
DSC0053-L.jpg

I have 3 3grain 24's and 2 6 grain cases. I like the easy load/unload of the CTI in the small sizes. Expensive, but not as bad as single use and more variety. Here's my Viper IV on 2 F30's airstarting 2 E9's. The motor in line with the camera is an E9. Dual deploy, landed 10 feet from my van :smile:
[YOUTUBE]2XUCjb3byac[/YOUTUBE]

same here i love these little guys and try to buy them as much as i can because i have also thought about them not selling and being dropped. i might stock up on a bunch just in case

No worries. Pro24 is here to stay! As a matter of fact, there are a few more loads in the pipeline.

We realize Pro24's are relatively expensive, but you are basically buying a SU motor -- with a proper igniter. There is probably not a lot of margin in them for us. But we think they are cool, fill a void and are a valuable addition to our product line.

Jeroen

Let me be VERY CLEAR (cause this type of thing can get out of hand).

I simply mean I LOVE THE PRO-24 concept and am simply hoping that many many many more do! I did not mean to, nor am I implying the PRO-24 is endangered!! I simply I hope that sales are good and CTI continues to make them until I expire. :)

AT 24/40 F loads are baby Fs. And there is no AT 24mm G's.
So I do indeed love the PRO-24 and am looking forward to new loads!!
The cost is more but as CTI points out, its less than an SU but more than a lets assemble this for 15 minutes RMS. And they are highly reliable.

WHO DOES NOT LOVE a F240VM? Especially as a booster stage?

Last edited:
An F240 turned my little cardboard MD into confetti :grin: I gotta get me another one of those :dark:

CTI Rocks!!!

G69 Skidmark in a Pemberton King Kraken
KK Skid.jpg

LOC Caiber ISP on a J354 Pro38 6Grain on its way to 6,020ft
One Mile J354.jpg

My 25ft tall Mean Mean Machine on a Pro54 K1440 6Grain White Thunder motor!
NSL3.jpg

Again but on a 6grain Dual Thrust K590 (one B A motor!)
DSC_1564.jpg

Finally, my high schools rocket on an M840 on its way to 30,197ft! Soon to be flying a M2020Imax
463178_3521321845409_1642961940_2906825_1906775533_o.jpg

Why doesn't Pro75 come with a cool sticker?

Keep up the great work CTI!

I have burned a few Pro38s, which of course is nowhere near enough for my purposes. ;) Nice motors! Love that Green³.

Here is my Ultimate Wildman going up on an M3100 WT..Up was great, down not so(forgot to close the quick link on main cord to avbay:blush:

Sure was a mighty roar!:smile:

UW Goes Up_01.jpg

2 Flights from Saturdays Launch.

Fomula 98 - CTI K940WT - 6379'

Formula98K940WT.jpg

PR 5.5" Nike Smoke - CTI K555WH - 5509'

NikeSmokeK555WH1.jpg

NikeSmokeK555WH2.jpg

NikeSmokeK555WH4.jpg

Gary you stink...

I have only been able to fly with the boys scouts so far this year... I am so jealous...

Nice!

Planning on a K360 for my first flight of the 4" Darkstar DD

How much does your DarkStar DD weigh ? On thrustcurve it shows 15lb DS DD that says 'no way Jose' with the K360 because of velocity off the rod is too low. There is a 11.3lb DS DD that is green lighted with velocity off the rod 50ft/s .

I only ask because I was planning to do the same thing with a Vindicator DD, but using only motor deploy with the K360 , complete mine is just under 11 lbs no motor.

Kenny

How much does your DarkStar DD weigh ? On thrustcurve it shows 15lb DS DD that says 'no way Jose' with the K360 because of velocity off the rod is too low. There is a 11.3lb DS DD that is green lighted with velocity off the rod 50ft/s .

I only ask because I was planning to do the same thing with a Vindicator DD, but using only motor deploy with the K360 , complete mine is just under 11 lbs no motor.

Kenny

Ken...GOOD QUESTION!

The OR file (attached) I attained from someone else looks fairly accurate and detailed, and it comes in at ~14lbs. Unfortunately, mine's not complete yet, so I'll have to render a verdict on weight a bit later :(

However, if one figures a 6 foot rail, 14lbs for the rocket...my sims show ~44ft/s off the rail on the K360.

View attachment Dark Star 4%22 DD.ork

[video=youtube;BwaC7T4g2ws]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwaC7T4g2ws&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Here is a high-speed pad shot with my 1/4 scale nike on a J425 Blue Streak

Thus far, I have only flown Pro29 loads, but I'm gearing up to start flying Pro38 later this year.

I am a fan of the Green3 propellant. This is my RDS Shooting Star (may she rest in peace) on an H159 (Pro29 6G case).

i-b9bVBvB-L.jpg

I also like Blue Streak. This is my Madcow 4" Little John on an H200 for the Pro29 5G case (my avatar, and my second ever high-power flight).

i-pbmx6s2-L.jpg

I also fly a lot of the Pro29 1G reloads. The F120 Vmax is really fun in the right rocket (so fun, in fact, that I haven't yet managed to be quick enough on the shutter button to catch a photo of it).

I am a very happy CTI user of loads from Pro-24 through Pro-54. I tend to use Blue Streak, VMAX, and Skidmark loads the most. Here is a nice shot of an I445 VMAX burning off on my Gizmo. Photo credit goes to Neil McGilvray

LLS_4516.jpg

okay Gary whats your secret i just cant get photos like yours to save my life.....great shot.....

Back