CTI Cesaroni Technology

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great video of the ignition of a Pro98-6G-G3 N1975 motor. Flown from the Esrange Space Center in Sweden by French students.

[YOUTUBE]m_f76ym2N60[/YOUTUBE]

Slow motion recording starts at t=10 sec. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_f76ym2N60&feature=player_detailpage#t=10 Watch the igniter rod!

And here is another great video. Montreal student rocket team flying their rocket on a Pro98-6GXL-Imax O3400 at the 9th IREC competition. Great camera work from Doug Gerard included.

[VIMEO]100900824[/VIMEO]

Jeroen

Last edited:
And here is another great video. Montreal student rocket team flying their rocket on a Pro98-6GXL-Imax O3400 at the 9th IREC competition. Great camera work from Doug Gerard included.

[VIMEO]100900824[/VIMEO]

Jeroen

Epic! :clap:

I have a question about some of the 29mm G motors. Some of them are marked as high power motors, yet they are under the requirements of high power. Why is this?

Example Pro29-3grain G54

Propellant mass: 87g (less than the NAR high power threshold of 125g)
Avg thrust: 54N (less than the NAR high power threshold of 80N)
Total impulse: 159Ns (less than the NAR high power threshold of 160Ns, albeit barely)

So why is this considered a high power motor?

I have a question about some of the 29mm G motors. Some of them are marked as high power motors, yet they are under the requirements of high power. Why is this?

Example Pro29-3grain G54

Total impulse: 159Ns (less than the NAR high power threshold of 160Ns, albeit barely)

That one is not high power by any measure.

Perhaps it's marked as such for consistency, since every other reload in that size except the G33 are high-power.

On the label it's marked as high power. Therefore I can't use it at the local club's low power launches. And I would like to because it's the only g that can lift one of my rockets

Example Pro29-3grain G54

Depends where you are and what laws apply at that locale. I can tell you that up here in Canada we can launch G's all the way up to 159.9999 Newtons and not get in trouble, irregardless of fuel mass. A G is a G. Some other area's have different rules on that. NAR is an example, CAR has different rules.

I think CTI lists some G's as HP to cater to everybody that has more restrictive rules, but that's a guess. Hard to make everybody happy, especially in Government circles.

Depends where you are and what laws apply at that locale. I can tell you that up here in Canada we can launch G's all the way up to 159.9999 Newtons and not get in trouble, irregardless of fuel mass. A G is a G. Some other area's have different rules on that. NAR is an example, CAR has different rules.

I think CTI lists some G's as HP to cater to everybody that has more restrictive rules, but that's a guess. Hard to make everybody happy, especially in Government circles.

Yeah, but the point I was trying to get off was that it's compliant with NAR low/mid power

A nice friendly PM might work. He is kinda busy, but he does respond.

That has not been my experience. I have PM'd him twice to inquire about the longer delay grains and tapered 38mm rear nozzles, crickets.

I have a question about some of the 29mm G motors. Some of them are marked as high power motors, yet they are under the requirements of high power. Why is this? Example Pro29-3grain G54

NFPA 1125 2007 edition
"7.7.2 A rocket motor that contains greater than 62.5 g of propellant shall be classified as a high power rocket motor"

This changed in the latest edition of NFPA to
"7.7.2 A rocket motor that contains greater than 125 g of propellant shall be classified as a high power rocket motor"

As a result these motors are no longer high power. It is not very often that motors change from HPR to MPR. Motors could have been produced before our production was aware of the changes.

Jeroen

NFPA 1125 2007 edition
"7.7.2 A rocket motor that contains greater than 62.5 g of propellant shall be classified as a high power rocket motor"

This changed in the latest edition of NFPA to
"7.7.2 A rocket motor that contains greater than 125 g of propellant shall be classified as a high power rocket motor"

As a result these motors are no longer high power. It is not very often that motors change from HPR to MPR. Motors could have been produced before our production was aware of the changes.

Jeroen

Thank you. Yeah these motors must be old, last I motor I got was dated 2011 or something close

L265 Mellow Yellow 54mm 6XL

OMG!

9.9seconds burn (hell, its 10 seconds), and LOTS of tracking smoke.

This one took an 11lb (loaded) Always Ready Rocketry Basic Blues 3" to 15304ft AGL and 1015mph (around 1500f/sec or Mach 1.3)
[video=youtube_share;NpnaITrUhPs]https://youtu.be/NpnaITrUhPs[/video]

OMG!

This one took an 11lb (loaded) Always Ready Rocketry Basic Blues 3" to 15304ft AGL and 1015mph (around 1500f/sec or Mach 1.3)

Cool, I'll be flying the G33 Mellow next weekend... looking forward to it! :)

OMG!

I've flown an I55 once. Very nice burn time. Next year I plan on using the L265 as a sustainer.

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1409535274.879931.jpg
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1409535292.749754.jpg
Greatest use I've ever seen for aerotech casings.

But enough about aerotech.

CTI makes on h*** of a motor!!!
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1409536187.136710.jpg
That's my L2 cert on a K740, that motor makes that 4" rocket look like an MD!

This last weekend I had two failures, each one an I223SK 38mm, both with the same production date. Cases replaced without a hitch through my local dealer (Sunriver Observatory). He kept the failed cases and I gave him one of the cardboard tubes with the details and date. I will photo the other tube when I find it.
DSCF1343.jpg

This last weekend I had two failures, each one an I223SK 38mm, both with the same production date. Cases replaced without a hitch through my local dealer (Sunriver Observatory). He kept the failed cases and I gave him one of the cardboard tubes with the details and date. I will photo the other tube when I find it.
View attachment 185686

I'm new to HP (my L1 cert flight is all I've done so far), so can you explain for me what that failure looked like, and confirm which end is up in your photos? Is that the end of the nozzle that would be in the case? What is all that ash? Sorry for all the questions, but this is a great learning opportunity!

Hope the rocket is ok!

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Back