CTI Cesaroni Technology

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Greg, and Len! Super-helpful having this in spreadsheet form...

Here is an updated list of CTI offerings, sorted by imp. class & avg. thrust, imp. class & tot. impulse, burn time & imp. class, propellant type, and case:

I corrected data and added case bonded colors.

If anyone finds mistakes, omissions, etc. then please let me know.

Greg

But wait there's more! An Excel spreadsheet is included with bonus data, FREE!

View attachment CTI Cert Motor - 2015-04-24 - By Imp Cls and Total Imp - New.pdf

View attachment CTI Cert Motor - 2015-04-24 - By Imp Cls and Total Imp.pdf

View attachment CTI Cert Motor - 2015-04-24 - By Prop Type.pdf

View attachment CTI Cert Motor - 2015-04-24 - By Case Size and Burn Time.pdf

View attachment CTI Cert Motor - 2015-04-24 - By Imp Cls and Avg Thrust.pdf

View attachment CTI Cert Motor - 2015-04-24.xlsx

View attachment CTI Cert Motor - 2015-04-24.txt

I'd love to see a little brother for the N-5800, in other words a 75-6GXL C*

I'd love to see a little brother for the N-5800, in other words a 75-6GXL C*

That would be awesome! It'd come out to be about an 9543M3931 or so best I can tell, 86%M with 2.4s burn.

That would be awesome! It'd come out to be about an 9543M3931 or so best I can tell, 86%M with 2.4s burn.

Agreed. Even a 54-6GXL would be really cool. Something around a 3000 N-s L1600 in a 54mm package would kick some serious butt. :grin:

That would be cool for those that could fly it. I'd just like to see more C* loads throughout the line that mere mortals might use--fleshing out from the already-existing 1 and 4 grain to the 2, 3, 5, and 6.

Later!

--Coop

My understanding is that they can't put C* loads in sizes smaller than 54mm because the liners (and the 38mm closures) can't handle it. Is this the case?

OK. Here's a dumb question.
Do the threaded forward closures that come with the plugged Pro54 motors (such as the longburn Mellow Yellow) have a tracking (smoke) grain?
What about the threaded forward closure that you can buy separately?

Thanks.
NikeMikey

If you use the Aeropack minimum-diameter retainers, I highly recommend getting a set of the Aeropack MC54 and MC38 Delay/Eject threaded closure adapters. They're a bit annoying to get threaded on straight, but work great with any CTI forward closure, plugged-threaded or delay with charge removed.

If you use the Aeropack minimum-diameter retainers, I highly recommend getting a set of the Aeropack MC54 and MC38 Delay/Eject threaded closure adapters. They're a bit annoying to get threaded on straight, but work great with any CTI forward closure, plugged-threaded or delay with charge removed.

True. I use a 22mm socket wrench to install the adapter and that helps to keep things straight.

CTI factory is also a good place to retire your old vehicle. Van was dieing on Monday!

Got water and was able to rest inside where it was nice and cool. Helpful staff at CTI!

And a scrap yard right around the corner.

Thanks for the resources on this thread. I just got a 29mm 3grain case to get into reloads.

That's where I started too. While I have sold my 38mm's for other options, I will NEVER get rid of my 29mm 3 grainer. The options it opens up is staggering and some of my favorite loads to fly fit that case.

Just figured I'd mention that at our last two launches, I flew two sweet CTI loads in my Blackhawk 24. THe F240V, and the F51C. Both delivered awesome flights, that F240 is quite a hoot.

Nate

Rocketry Warehouse Mad Dog DD on a K740 C* — I'm hooked :D
Also love how the AeroPack Tailcone Retainer looks.

LR1k IMG_3810.jpg

Took video, but the quality is terrible as I was trying to hold my iPhone for video and take pictures with my DSLR at the same time.

[video]https://youtu.be/cacd32CxzRw[/video]

What was your dry weight & what altitude did you achieve?
Wish I could tell you. Rocket landed in a tree about 20 yards north of the field. Overcompensated for wind just ever so slightly. :bang:

The weight was 16.2 lbs. RockSim put it at 6588'.
Before the Mad Dog, I flew a WM Mini Eagle Claw on a CTI G54 LB. RS was 2863, altimeter read 2913'. Same conditions, so I'd say 6600 is probably pretty close to what I got.

Back