CTI Cesaroni Technology

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a real big fan of CTI stuff but some of these long burns show some real potential the I-55 looks very neat, little over 5 seconds at full power. With enough spike at start up to get you off the pad, not bad not bad at all.

TA

Last edited:
I checked the pro29 instructions and it does not look like it but can anyone confirm for sure whether the 29mm 6GXL reloads protrude forward from the case or are level with the front of the case. I would like to double check what space I need to leave behind a bulkhead before I put it in.

Thanks
Zeb

I checked the pro29 instructions and it does not look like it but can anyone confirm for sure whether the 29mm 6GXL reloads protrude forward from the case or are level with the front of the case. I would like to double check what space I need to leave behind a bulkhead before I put it in.

Thanks
Zeb

I don't know if the Mellow bulkheads protrude in 29mm, should they release a 6gxl one, but normal ones barely stick out.

Painkiller 3 on a CTI J355RL to 5589' pic by David McCann.

14536142421_7d8069d4e3_o_zps4758e424.jpg

Originally Posted by 4kids49 View Post
Is there such a thing as a tapped forward closure for CTI 54 mm motors to attach an eyebolt for recovery harness? I have read a number of threads on this. I want to use this in a min. diam. rocket. I am aware of the AeroPac 54 min. diam. motor retention with adapter for CTI that can have eyebolt attached. I am considering this, but am also considering traditional AeroPac type retainer on aft end and need a place for recovery harness. A number of threads seem to indicate that this is possible. I can't seem to find them listed anywhere. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Chris

Yes! It's a plugged closure.
Not sure of the price though.
It's included with the K300 load.

JD

Sorry to bump an old post. Is this to say that only the plugged Pro54 forward closures are tapped to take the Aero Pack CTI MD adapter? I figured the locating pin on the adapter was used to "plug" the charge well channel and that it would work in any Pro54 load.

Sorry to bump an old post. Is this to say that only the plugged Pro54 forward closures are tapped to take the Aero Pack CTI MD adapter? I figured the locating pin on the adapter was used to "plug" the charge well channel and that it would work in any Pro54 load.

The adapter is for normal forward bulkheads. The K300 bulkhead is 1/4-20 tapped, and needs a different adapter to the 5/8 thread.

The adapter is for normal forward bulkheads. The K300 bulkhead is 1/4-20 tapped, and needs a different adapter to the 5/8 thread.

I was under the same impression as matthew using the Aero Pack CTI MD adapter on all CTI 54mm reloads. I have the Aero Pack MD retainer and CTI MD adapter. How do I know which loads I can use the adapter with when ordering reloads ( using Wildman)? Specifically interested in the 6G K260 and new K711. Another question I have been facing before installing the MD retainer is how far past case does the installed adapter protrude?

Thanks in advance.

The New CTI M1101WH in my Formula 150. Pic's by David McCann

14360822120_53a4b251cf_o_zps38230cf2.jpg

Intimidator 5 on a CTI M1830CS

urrfday1-1680-ZF-2220-95548-1-001_zpse553f244.jpg

Stinger on a CTI L995RL

14543218841_9c4513d23d_o_zps248adf3a.jpg

PAINKILLER 3 on a CTI J355RL

14546620865_f061193736_o_zpsd21afca0.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone have better descriptions for the CTI propellants than what's given on the pro38 website? https://www.pro38.com/propellant.php

As a vendor I would've thought they'd do more selling on this page, similar to what Aerotech has listed on their site. Before I get flamed, I do know that a lot can be learned from the motor designations (pertaining to burn time, etc), but a bit of marketing wouldn't hurt!

CTI is a manufacturer. Not a vendor. I do think better cataloging of new propellant formulas and motors should be done on their site, and not here on the forum. Just search for the propellant or motor you are looking for and chances are that someone here has flown it and has a picture posted.

Ultimate Wildman named "High Anxiety" on a CTI N1800 White (4G 98mm) at URRF 2. 12,351 ft of altitude and 1140 fps airspeed. This is a great motor, and the biggest I can fly until I can afford a 6XL case

10468096_10202181799969554_7220097971467586071_n.jpg

10469214_10202181800529568_6212657375286792496_n.jpg

Saturday it's 24mm party time, including the 2 news 24mm 2g , photos to fallow

24mm.jpg

The Mellow forward closures are a bit longer than the regular closures for Pro29 and Pro38. The Pro29 delay well sticks out 0.3" from the end of the case. The Pro38 is 0.5" longer. Updated drawings will be available on our web page in the next few days.

The locating pin is only used to center the adapter. The pin will fit loosely in the threaded opening of the tapped forward closures. There is no problem using the Aero Pack CTI MD adapter with the tapped forward closures. However, you can also screw directly into the threaded opening of the closure.

Jeroen

The locating pin is only used to center the adapter. The pin will fit loosely in the threaded opening of the tapped forward closures. There is no problem using the Aero Pack CTI MD adapter with the tapped forward closures. However, you can also screw directly into the threaded opening of the closure.

Jeroen

Thanks, Jeroen. So, to make sure I've got it straight, I can use the Aero Pack MD CTI adapter with any Pro54 load? The main game for my upcoming project will be the plugged 6GXL loads, but I'd like to use the Aero Pack MD extension rods with shorter cases.

Thanks, Jeroen. So, to make sure I've got it straight, I can use the Aero Pack MD CTI adapter with any Pro54 load?

Correct. The MD adapter is self-tapping into the ejection charge well. All reloads use the same geometry.

Jeroen

Correct. The MD adapter is self-tapping into the ejection charge well. All reloads use the same geometry.

Jeroen

Thanks for the clarification. How much if any overhang of the adapter past the casing should be accounted for when using the 54mm MD adapter? Should the same 0.6 be used as in the attached drawing?
View attachment Pro54_dimensions.pdf

Thanks for the clarification. How much if any overhang of the adapter past the casing should be accounted for when using the 54mm MD adapter? Should the same 0.6 be used as in the attached drawing?

The adapters sit on top of the Pro54 forward closure:
adapter_group_1.jpg

Jeroen

I just built one of the new N5600's (while using LOTS of Gorilla Glue) that I will be flying on Saturday. I really like the new cardboard ignitor holders, a big improvement over the old plastic ones.

I've posted this elsewhere, but I am very proud of it (almost insufferably so), so I am posting it here, too :blush:.

Mega Der Drei Max on a G125 Red Lightning, an H163 White Thunder, and an H133 Blue Streak:

redWhiteBluee.jpg

Back