CTI Cesaroni Technology

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're at QMUL in London. Does Malcolm stock the old material? As far as I can see the stuff on there are Cesaroni's solid motor line.

I'm in Bristol so not too far. He might but he doesn't list if all. Best call or mail him. Can also try Paul at Model Rockets.

Rebel Space Or Rocketry forget what they call them self now also is an option.

The other day I was wondering why the pink reloads are only available in 5grains (except for the 24mm size).

Today I answered my own question:
That's the top grain in a 54mm pink:
View attachment 186667

And that's the bottom grain:
View attachment 186668

So my guess is that there is some bluestreak grains and some red lightning grains. Correct?

I recall a vendor telling me that he had taken one apart and figured this out also (it's a combination of blue streak and red lightning grains). He called up CTI and said, "Hey, I figured out what you guys did to get pink!" They replied, "well that doesn't take a rocket scientist."

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

But this motor isn't even close to the next impulse class. That extra 1/8" of grain would make me less worried. I guess they make it that way for a reason though.

By a huge gap I mean around a full inch.

If I want to use a 75mm CTI reload in an AT RMS case, do I need to specify it's for RMS when ordering or do all 75 (and 98 mm) CTI reloads come with RMS O-rings?

If I want to use a 75mm CTI reload in an AT RMS case, do I need to specify it's for RMS when ordering or do all 75 (and 98 mm) CTI reloads come with RMS O-rings?

Can you even do that???

Unlike the smaller sizes, the CTI 75 and 98 mm reloads are cross compatible with RMS.

After reading the instructions it looks like for 75mm two of the three included o-rings are used for both hardware types and the third o-ring, is used for CTI only. For the 98 mm it looks like there are two different o-ring packs included, one for RMS and one for CTI. Based on this I'm assuming I don't have to tell the vendor I'm planning to fly the load in an RMS case.

Cool I didn't know that!

No you don't. Everything is in the kit. Note that the Pro98 reloads that use XL nozzles do not fit in RMS hardware.

Cool I didn't know that!

Just a reminder that you can also use 75mm CTI reloads in snap ring hardware using the AMWPro75 adapter kit.

Jeroen

That was REALLY smart of you to make your reloads compatible with existing hardware. :clap:

Any ideas if CTI will come out with a long burn O motor to fit into the 98mm 6XL case. The O3400 is a beautiful motor. I have flown it once. I am gonna fly it agian, but did not know if CTI would make a longer burn version for those minimum diameter flights.

Any ideas if CTI will come out with a long burn O motor to fit into the 98mm 6XL case. The O3400 is a beautiful motor. I have flown it once. I am gonna fly it agian, but did not know if CTI would make a longer burn version for those minimum diameter flights.

Without making the casing longer it is very difficult to fit an "O" total impulse long burn motor in that case. The N1560 is approaching the limit in terms of total impulse for that case size.

Jeroen

Jeroen,
Any plans to add the Vmax or C-Star propellants to the 54-6xl line?

Jeroen,
Any plans to add the Vmax or C-Star propellants to the 54-6xl line?

No plans at this moment. The Vmax in a 6GXL configuration would have such a big bore that the total impulse would be the same as that of a 4G configuration. Just a higher thrust level. We are also running out of throat space in our nozzle blanks and would need a much larger nozzle molded.

The same applies to the C-STAR propellant. That propellant is probably OK up to a 6G or so. There are however two great WT reloads in 5G and 6G already. K1200 and K1440.

Jeroen.

No plans at this moment. The Vmax in a 6GXL configuration would have such a big bore that the total impulse would be the same as that of a 4G configuration. Just a higher thrust level. We are also running out of throat space in our nozzle blanks and would need a much larger nozzle molded.

The same applies to the C-STAR propellant. That propellant is probably OK up to a 6G or so. There are however two great WT reloads in 5G and 6G already. K1200 and K1440.

Jeroen.

Yeah, the K1440 is a very special motor. It would be very hard to beat (but I'm willing to entertain contestants ;-)

What does the 75mm reload look like? All the motors smaller than that so far have all been complete in a plastic liner. Does the 75mm do the same or is it something you have to put together?

What does the 75mm reload look like? All the motors smaller than that so far have all been complete in a plastic liner. Does the 75mm do the same or is it something you have to put together?

The grains come in individual boxes, and the liner and nozzle come in another package.

Where could I find an instructional video on this?

Try Joe Zawodny's M2250 build. [video=youtube;JYYYqeniVwE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYYYqeniVwE[/video]

Most motors don't need to be glued, but it should give you an idea of the process.

Try Joe Zawodny's M2250 build. [video=youtube;JYYYqeniVwE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYYYqeniVwE[/video]

Most motors don't need to be glued, but it should give you an idea of the process.

I thank you sir.

After watching that, I want to see it launch...

Ah, since I know that guy :wink: , you can see two vids of the flight. The first is the view from the ground
[video=youtube;RXJhWKKE8n0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXJhWKKE8n0[/video]

and the second includes in-flight video. Turn the volume down just before the launch.
[video=youtube;gCHMTStLe9g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCHMTStLe9g[/video]

Last edited:
Red glare. I like his style. And a very simple method for assembling the motor.

CTI is releasing the next generation of Pro75 Hardware - Generation 2 (Gen.2)!

New features:
  1. The thrust ring was moved from the case and integrated with the aft retaining ring. The forward retaining ring can also be installed on the aft end for a flush configuration.
  2. Reduced thread pitch size to increase the strength of the case ends and also increase the burst pressure of the hardware while still maintaining an axial failure mode.
Retaining rings of Gen.2 hardware will not be compatible with existing hardware, but the forward closure and nozzle housing remain the same. CTI will continue to stock existing retaining rings to service customers with Gen.1 hardware.

Gen.2 hardware will be available soon.

IMG_6851.jpg
Gen.2 retaining rings (left: forward; right: aft).

Jeroen

I'm sure this will make the HW less expensive. Any plans on doing this with the 98mm HW? I still need the 75-6XL case and several of the 98mm cases. I would like to buy the newer stuff if the wait is not too long.

Any chance of seeing a C* in the 38mm range?

Any chance of seeing Gen 2 38mm HW so people can't launch reloads without a case? I learned that lesson from personal experience (and it is on my YouTube channel). Pride is less important than education.

[video=youtube;1-Ksb5uT1Tc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-Ksb5uT1Tc[/video]

Last edited:
The plastic liner does not hold up to the C* propellant.

Jeroen.

Darn... And I guess it's unfeasible to use a different liner material for that one motor?

Any chance of seeing Gen 2 38mm HW so people can't launch reloads without a case? I learned that lesson from personal experience (and it is on my YouTube channel). Pride is less important than education.

[video=youtube;1-Ksb5uT1Tc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-Ksb5uT1Tc[/video]

That would be nice!

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

I would think it a minor cost, with the side benefit of loads of goodwill, to mod the 38mm nozzle design and give away the new aft closure (for a limited time).

Back