"Possible Chaos the Nineteenth" Build Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josepher44

Reaction score
Finally the end of school is approaching, and I can get back to building! This is the first of several builds I will be conducting in parallel with each other, aiming to compete by LDRS XXXI. This thread will document the construction of "Possible Chaos the Nineteenth." Years ago, I decided to try my hand at scratch building, and wanted to do a unique design. This is what my 14 year old mind came up with...

6973077150_838876a093_z.jpg

A whole lot of people told me it wouldn't fly, but fly it did! I later built an 18mm version, which has since crashed (recovery failure). Lately, I've been wanting to upscale the concept, and drew this up...

6973076976_37680fe958_z.jpg

38mm body tubes, dual 29mm motor mounts. Scaling up this design was actually quite a challenge. It will use electronic deployment, and a one-of-a-kind av-bay which distributes components across both tubes for even weight distribution. Ventilation between the tubes will be added, to ensure that parachutes deploy properly.

It'll be a few more days before I can get started, but the parts have started to arrive...

6973078072_0b2a5195af_z.jpg

Last edited:
Back