Centuri - (Stellar) Hercules (KD-13 or #5213) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Solomoriah

Reaction score
This may be a short thread, as I think I may be the only person around with one of these. The Centuri Hercules, part of the "Stellar" product line, was released in 1975 in the Rocket Times:

https://www.ninfinger.org/rockets/catalogs/centuriRT7501/centuri1.html

I'm told the Stellar kits were boxed for sale at retailers like Sears, but I really don't know about that. Sadly, I missed the Stellar kits, as I got into rocketry in 1976 and never saw any of the Rocket Times issues where these rockets appeared. It wasn't until just a couple of years ago, delving into Ninfinger's site, when I first saw them, and I really liked the Hercules. Semroc carries all the parts, even laser-cut fins, so building my own wasn't hard to do, and it's a beauty on the pad or in flight.

hercules.jpg

20110619-013.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I have one of these sitting in a bag which is hidden in a box which is stored in a shed... someplace.

That is a nice looking rocket. It has Centuri's style all over it. Looks to be a close relative of the Centurion—I can see why you'd want to build it.

It's now officially on my "some day" list. Nice job. I like it a lot.

Welcome to the Centuri Stellar Hercules (KD-13 or #5213) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Centuri Stellar Hercules (KD-13 or #5213) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Centuri: Stellar Hercules: KD-13 or #5213

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Centuri Stellar Hercules (KD-13 or #5213) Basic Information.

centuri_engineering.gif
Centuri Engineering

MODEL NAME: Stellar Hercules Also known as:

NUMBER: KD-13 or #5213

Introduced: 1975
Final Year: 1976
Designer:

Type: Sport
Motor Mount: 1x18mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length:
Diameter:
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description:

Advertising Liveries

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

centuri-stellar%20hercules%20kd13-instr%201.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words. I would have liked to have done the "catalog" artwork, but I'm just not good at curved masks.

I have this sitting under the stairs still needing to be built. It's been featured on the 71' Centuri catalog cover.

Back