Quest - Brighthawk (#1017) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishhead

Huge Member
Reaction score
Built this one for a review, then gave it to one of the kids at the field. Fate is unknown from that point.:wink:

QuestBrighthawk.jpg

QuestBrighthawklaunch.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the Quest Bright Hawk (#1017) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Quest Bright Hawk (#1017) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Quest: Bright Hawk: #1017

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Quest Bright Hawk (#1017) Basic Information.

quest.gif
Quest Aerospace

MODEL NAME: Bright Hawk Also known as:

NUMBER: #1017

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Sport
Motor Mount: 1x18mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 21.5"
Diameter: 1.38"
Span:
Weight: 10.00 OZ

Mfg. Description: No significant text in 2010 Catalog

=====

The Quest Brighthawk model rocket is Big, Simple & Sturdy! The Brighthawk is the largest Level 1 model rocket in the Quest fleet.The plastic one-piece fin unit and decals make this large model rocket ready to fly in a short time. You can enjoy many flights with this sturdy model rocket. (Quest 2010 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

qiest-bright%20hawk%201017-2010%20cat.jpg
2010 Catalog

qiest-bright%20hawk%201017-2013%20web.jpg
2013 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

qiest-bright%20hawk%201017-instr%201.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Wanted to get something that would build up quick and fly low, so I picked the Bright Hawk. Saw that they also made a Nike Smoke nosecone in the same diameter and figured a little kitbashing would be in order - so I give you the Nike Hawk. Incidentally, this worked out well since the nose that came with the kit was too small anyhow.

Bought this one as I wanted something new and easy to throw together and fly the following weekend. The kit is typical Quest. Everything fit well but some of the parts felt weak and soft. I liked the stock look but didn't care for the bland colors the fins and nosecone were molded in. .

Also didn't care for the crappy paper decals as they were badly faded and brown so I made my own from vinyl. I added a couple of extra strips to make things more interesting.

Attachments

• BH2.jpg
    BH2.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 16
  • BH1.jpg
    BH1.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 15
Back