CMASS April 28th

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be there with my Wildman CT stuff. I've got 2 I 600 red's in stock

rick

Billspad, that seems like a great idea, hopefully we will get our AT motor from Performance Hobbies, I found out that having two motors ready was always the better option in case one falls through. I will email him to see if he is still up for that, thanks again.

If you talk to him, Could you ask him where my motors are ? I ordered/Paypal'd them on the 6th....

Thanks..

Tom

If you talk to him, Could you ask him where my motors are ? I ordered/Paypal'd them on the 6th....

Thanks..

I emailed him and got a response about fifteen minutes later...his email is on the AMW/Pro-X site, bottom right corner. Mr. DeHate has always been very responsive, and very helpful in regards to these matters.

According to Billspad, launch is tentatively on for Saturday. If so, my son and I will be there along with a bunch of his friends (invasion of 5th-graders).

Our plans include my level 1 cert attempt on a Madcow 4" Patriot and a CTI H152. We also just finished an Apogee Aspire and will try to send it up a mile on the Apogee F10 long-burner. If we find it, and it's flyable, we'll try to hit Mach 1 on an Aerotech G77.

We'll also bring along an assortment of Estes-type LPR stuff, whatever we can find in the basement that has intact fins and hasn't been stepped on by the little brother.

See you there!

According to Billspad, launch is tentatively on for Saturday. If so, my son and I will be there along with a bunch of his friends (invasion of 5th-graders).

Our plans include my level 1 cert attempt on a Madcow 4" Patriot and a CTI H152. We also just finished an Apogee Aspire and will try to send it up a mile on the Apogee F10 long-burner. If we find it, and it's flyable, we'll try to hit Mach 1 on an Aerotech G77.
We'll also bring along an assortment of Estes-type LPR stuff, whatever we can find in the basement that has intact fins and hasn't been stepped on by the little brother.

See you there!

Hey, Sully. Looking forward to your Level 1 attempt. As to your other stated mid-power flights, they're not going to happen at Amesbury. We don't have a waiver for a 1 mile flight. Also, all flights have to stay on the field. Of course, we can't control our rockets once they're off the launch rod but we have to keep up the best relations with the neighbors of the field so nothing should be launched with the intention of it not coming back. Those types of flights are better suited to larger fields with less population around; Halifax (when we start flying there; Berwick, ME, unless Scott from MMMSC has any objections). Bring the low power and your Level 1 rockets. Bring the Aspire but with more sensible engines. And you can even bring the 5th graders and plenty of leashes.

Seriously, wishing you well on your Level 1 and hope to see you up in Maine sometime (05 May) with your Aspire.

Kenn

Yes if you Aspire to go a mile high, come on up to MMMSC! Your chances of getting your rocket back are very good!
You can even bring the 5th graders, we have lots of open space to let them run and run and run and eat a hot dog and run and run...

I emailed him and got a response about fifteen minutes later...his email is on the AMW/Pro-X site, bottom right corner. Mr. DeHate has always been very responsive, and very helpful in regards to these matters.

This is the last Nice email I send him, and I will give this guy till friday before I start signing him up for every free site on the net. There is more than ONE way to get a response.
--------------------------------
Hello XXX,

I ordered 5 motors on the 6th. and sent you an email on the 13th requesting tracking information. To date there hasent been a response from you with the tracking number, Nor has there been a delivery.

Could you please send me the tracking information ?

Thanks

Tom
---------------------------
April 1st email.

Hi Tom,

It usually takes two to three business days. If you order by Tuesday, your order would arrive by Friday.

I have everything in stock in Pro 29 except one grain F36 Smokey Sam, F36 Blue Streak, F59 White Thunder and six grain H180 Skidmark.

The TARC teams ate up my one grains.

Thanks for inquiring.

XXX
---------

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 31, 2012, at 5:16 PM, Tom Derosier <[email protected]> wrote:

> How long does shipping usually take on an order of reloads for the CTI 29 mm from your location to Massachusetts? And what do you currently have for stock on hand?
>
> Thanks Tom

Hey, Sully. Looking forward to your Level 1 attempt. As to your other stated mid-power flights, they're not going to happen at Amesbury. We don't have a waiver for a 1 mile flight. Also, all flights have to stay on the field. Of course, we can't control our rockets once they're off the launch rod but we have to keep up the best relations with the neighbors of the field so nothing should be launched with the intention of it not coming back. Those types of flights are better suited to larger fields with less population around; Halifax (when we start flying there; Berwick, ME, unless Scott from MMMSC has any objections). Bring the low power and your Level 1 rockets. Bring the Aspire but with more sensible engines. And you can even bring the 5th graders and plenty of leashes.

Seriously, wishing you well on your Level 1 and hope to see you up in Maine sometime (05 May) with your Aspire.

Kenn
Kenn, thanks for the heads-up about the limits at Amesbury. We will definitely save the "mile high" attempts for the big field up at Berwick (thank you Scott). My L1 attempt should get about 1000 ft up, so that should work OK.

Although it goes against my instincts to fly on "sensible" motors, that's what we'll do!

Looking forward to a great day!

Last edited:
Not to change the subject but the weather looks to be sunny and cool for Saturday. I'll take it!

Last edited:
Every HP rocketry vendor I have communicated with seems to be very variable as to how quickly they respond. Anywhere from minutes to weeks for the same vendor depending on what else they have going on.

Many are one-person operations run by someone who has a full-time day job and travels to remote launches.

To avoid getting hung up by a slow delivery / item out of stock, what I do is try to order supplies long before I need them.

To avoid getting hung up by a slow delivery / item out of stock, what I do is try to order supplies long before I need them.

Like a month ??

Having spoken to the vendor this morning , it seems the order was never shipped...

I guess they are in the mail today..(or so im told) but until I get that box.. Im still leary...

Im going to start ordering motors and keeping an inventory..

I should apply for a leps permit today huh....And who knows.. .maybe I to can be a vendor....I already have 2 retail stores.....

I've got lots of the smaller CTI motors if Robert doesn't have them :y:

if we're on I'm gonna fly my stealth on a K260 long burn to maybe 1000 feet, then top it off with a FlisKits Mudwasp mmx for maybe.....80 feet or so.

the real question is which one will land farthest from the pad???

when will we have the final go/no go for the launch?

when will we have the final go/no go for the launch?

If we don't get the okay from the AFD, that would happen Thursday or so and we'll know to head to Berwick. Right now it looks good for using Amesbury.

The morning of the launch, Bill always updates the website and leaves an outgoing message on his machine (voice mail?). Check the site before you leave and/or take the number to call once you're on your way depending on how early you start heading up.

If you, or anyone is in Amesbury early enough, some of us generally meet up at the Whistling Kettle for breakfast at 8:30 before the launch. If anyone thinks they may make it, let me know.

Kenn

If we don't get the okay from the AFD, that would happen Thursday or so and we'll know to head to Berwick. Right now it looks good for using Amesbury.

The morning of the launch, Bill always updates the website and leaves an outgoing message on his machine (voice mail?). Check the site before you leave and/or take the number to call once you're on your way depending on how early you start heading up.

If you, or anyone is in Amesbury early enough, some of us generally meet up at the Whistling Kettle for breakfast at 8:30 before the launch. If anyone thinks they may make it, let me know.

Kenn

I'll call the chief around noon on Thursday. He's out of town but says he'll answer his cell phone. I assume the fire hazard is published online somewhere but I can't find it in any of the forecasts.

The launch status is on an old Radio Shack answering machine that I turn on the morning of the launch. The number is on the website. If you here a fax tone it's because I'm still asleep.

Just in case anybody has missed the email or misses what I post on the website, absolutely NO vehicles are to drive on the grass. This includes when I'm not there to see you because there farmer is going to see the tire tracks. We've been getting along with him so let's not do anything stupid.

I talked to the chief today and he wants to wait until Friday to make his decision. I'm hoping we get enough rain tonight to knock the fire hazard down a notch.

However, the Amesbury Board of Health inspected and approved our hot dog cooking operation.

I checked the weather and it looks like there will be 15+ MPH winds! :eyepop:

I hope to have an answer by noon today but I'm assuming what I've pasted below from NOAA is what the fire chief reads. We've flown under these conditions before but I have a feeling the previous fire chief wasn't quite as thorough.

FIRE WEATHER PLANNING FORECAST FOR SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TAUNTON MA
442 AM EDT FRI APR 27 2012

.DISCUSSION...

LOW PRESSURE OVER THE GULF OF MAINE WILL INTENSIFY AS IT TRACKS
NORTHEAST INTO ATLANTIC CANADA TODAY. THIS LOW WILL GENERATE WINDY
CONDITIONS ACROSS SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND WITH WEST NORTHWEST WINDS
GUSTING UP TO 40 MPH THIS AFTERNOON. THESE GUSTY WINDS WILL COMBINE
WITH MINIMUM RELATIVE HUMIDITIES OF 30 TO 40 PERCENT...RESULTING
IN ELEVATED FIRE WEATHER CONDITIONS TODAY ACROSS SOUTHERN NEW
ENGLAND.

MORE OF THE SAME IS EXPECTED SATURDAY WITH GUSTY WEST NORTHWEST
WINDS OF 15 TO 25 MPH ALONG WITH MINIMUM RELATIVE HUMIDITY OF 20
TO 30 PERCENT. THEREFORE ELEVATED FIRE WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE
EXPECTED SATURDAY AS WELL.

Hi All,

Just wanted to let you know that the NOTAM for Berwick, ME has been called in. CMASS will have a waiver to 10,000 feet for this launch.:clap:

Scott Costigan
President, MMMSC

Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to make the launch :(

See you folks next month! Have fun tomorrow :)

jim

Wish I could be there....but I have grampa duties. I'll be spending another Saturday home alone with my 9 month old granddaughter while my daughter is in school (she is finishing her degree in a program that has all of her classes on Saturdays). I won't get much done around the house and won't get any painting or building done but we have fun. It won't be too long until she accompanies me at a launch just like her mom and her aunt and uncle did not too many years ago.

A blustery day indeed! I think a few cars got sandblasted. MIT's rocket landed in the woods, I hope they find it.

Back