CMASS April 28th

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

berlinetta

Reaction score
We are less than two weeks away from the first CMASS launch of the year. Who is going? What are you planning on flying?

Let's hope some good rain shows up before we do. If not, the Amesbury Fire Department won't allow us to fly. Texas had this problem most of last year, as I recall.

The 10-day forecast I looked at shows showers next weekend but that's not the soaking rain we need. We just can't have it come too early; then the grass will grow and the farmer may not allow us to fly.

Here's hoping.

I hope you guys get the rain you need for the launch. I'm in NH this week so I can't make it to the launch either way.

I hope you guys get the rain you need for the launch. I'm in NH this week so I can't make it to the launch either way.

Doug, if the weather is good, MMMSC will be launching in Berwick, Maine, on the 21st.

Bring your stuff if you're still around that day.

Kenn

Doug, if the weather is good, MMMSC will be launching in Berwick, Maine, on the 21st.

Bring your stuff if you're still around that day.

Kenn

Unfortunately I am heading back to PA on the 21st. I missed Red Glare for this trip too. I didn't bring any rocket stuff with me.

Im planning on getting my Level 1, as well as flying every rocket I can...

That is unless something comes up.. but as it is now..

WE ARE GO FOR LAUNCH !!!!

Tom

P.S. Middleborugh is alwalys a backup.. Went there today and the roads were dry but the ground was wet...

Let's hope some good rain shows up before we do. If not, the Amesbury Fire Department won't allow us to fly. Texas had this problem most of last year, as I recall.

The 10-day forecast I looked at shows showers next weekend but that's not the soaking rain we need. We just can't have it come too early; then the grass will grow and the farmer may not allow us to fly.

Here's hoping.

We're past the point of the rain being too early. Between now and the 28th and preferably closer to then we need at least a day of soaking rain. We'll need no more than a class 3 fire hazard to get the okay. What I'm afraid of is that we'll get the rain on the 28th and 29th.

So, does that mean the "rain date" would be more of a "no rain date"? :)

If it happens, I will be there! Will be flying our new Mercury Redstone and several new (old?) protos.

Will also have a sign up sheet for FlisKits kits you'd like to fly at t he anniversary launch.

Hey guys,

If it looks like a loss, you are always welcome this Saturate at CATO!

A

You obviously have a context sensitive spelling checker that read the part about the rain in the previous posts and changed Saturday to Saturate.

Not to get mushy, but it is good to see that we all are willing to share fields and get along and build for the good of the members and the hobby!

Scott

Sounds if the Rocket Gods were hearing our cry for rain. I was just watching the news and they were predicting 1-2 inches of rain from Sunday into Monday.

I will be at the 4/28/12 launch whether it is at Amesbury or Maine.

Working to finish and fly the Spinning Saucer of the Apocalypse, a 36" big brother to the Turbine Rocket Saucer. Will lift off on 10+ motors:

https://rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?t=32970

Also planning on the Demon Star RC rocket glider and Hell Boy. TRF threads on both projects.

After hibernating for the winter, it is time to fly!

Hoping for rain. While I would like to see the field in ME, the 140 mi drive each way will be rugged for a one day event.

Sounds like some cool stuff, Boris.

Either way, Amesbury or S. Berwick, I am ready to fly on the 28th.

I'm going to come as long as the weather is good. I'll be bringing my stuff - the new kits from Wildman (big kits if someone asks in advance) as well as aerotech, cti and estes...

oh, yea, I'm gonna fly my stealth on a K something or another, depending on the winds...

Is there going to be anyone at the launch with 1010 railbuttons for sale? I need some for my crayon. If I can acquire said railbuttons, I will be flying my Red Crayon on a G64-4. Depending on the wind, I may also fly my Madcow Discovery on a G53-5 to around 1300'. Lastly, I may fly a BadAzz Defender on another D15-4.

:blush:

I hope you had a good time Daniel, I noticed you couldn't just watch. It is tough to do.

I hate missing launches, I'll miss Amesbury also. Cherryfield is having a launch as well on the 28th.

Water is falling from the sky. :eek:

The MSN forecast has showers or rain for today through Saturday with sun on Sunday the 29th. I hope that works for us.

Another has Amesbury Sunny Fri and Sat. and in 70's F same for Berwick except only in the 50's F.

I hope that between the AFD and the farmer it works out!

Hopefully enough water fell from the sky to allow us to fly at Amesbury. I am getting the Predator Jr. ready. All I need is a H225WT for it. I am also getting the Big Nuke ready a flight on a J410 RL. I also have my new Magician going up on a D12-5.

Does anyone know if there will be a vendor there that supplys CTI reloads?

Ive been waiting 3 weeks for my order and if it does not show up I was wondering what would be available.

Thanks

Tom

Hopefully Mr. DeHate will be available, he is the owner of AMW-ProX and supplies both Animal Motor Works and CTI reloads. Also a very nice guy to work with. WPI is planning on bringing up a Competitor 3 for a test launch on an AT I-600R or some sort of CTI 2 or 3-grain I motor. I need to grab some low-current e-matches from Mr. DeHate too.

I talked to Robert on Sunday but I can't remember if he said he was going to our launch or Cherryfield.

I live relatively close to him. In the past he has delivered people's motors to me and I bring them to the launch. You might want to ask him about that option.

He will be at Amesbury, if we push our launch to Sunday he'll make Cherryfield. CMASS comes first, then us :eyeroll:

Well that was the plan the last time we talked about it.

Last edited:
Billspad, that seems like a great idea, hopefully we will get our AT motor from Performance Hobbies, I found out that having two motors ready was always the better option in case one falls through. I will email him to see if he is still up for that, thanks again.

Back