Apogee Saturn V - engine block / wrap install

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

micrometer

Reaction score
Just picked up the 1/70th scale kit. Was viewing the instruction CD and got to the part where an engine was used to insert the engine block to the correct depth. My only problem - I don't HAVE an engine of that size just yet. Anyone know the overall length of the recommended G motor for this bird? I've never played with anything bigger than a D motor before. And I guess I'm spoiled since all my previous kits supply a dummy motor casing to do the install...oh, and if anyone has any suggestions or tips for adhering the wraps I'm open..

Follow the video for the wraps and use ODORLESS Thin CA less chance of melting the wraps.

Probably don't need a motor block most sible use and all reloads have them built in.

If this helps,

I used 5 min epoxy on the wraps of my estes Saturn V, 15 epoxy min would be better...

I used an Aeropac retainer on mine. You may want to use an H or CTI motor sometime. An engine block will limit your choices.

Back