spring blast

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikecamerota

Reaction score
am i correct? if i go to spring blast in AZ i have to bring my own launch pad and launch controler with 100' of wire if i want to launch a H,I motor? on april 28

Last edited:
It is a misfire alley design, with every one providing their own pads. That being said, it is not that difficult to borrow the use of a pad to launch. I will have my setup there and you are welcome to use it. Up to K on the rail and 1/4" to 3/8" rods to swap out if needed. Whats Up Hobbies will be attending for supplies. The more the merrier and do not forget the night launch! Our camp will be the one with all the night launch rockets on the tarp.

Terry

Last edited:
There will be several of us there that share their equipment. I set up a triple stand with 1/8", 3/16" and 1/4" rod at 30 ft., and a 1010 rail at 100". These can all be changed out easily. You are welcome to use my stuff too.

My sister lives in phoenix i planned the trip for that weekend cause we are shut down in lucerne so i will bring my rockets and cash. If i am not there for the 8 am breifing will that be a problem?

Nope, I usually do not arrive till after the range opens anyway since I have a 2.5 hr drive to get there.

How is the weather and jack whats up hobbys going for sure

Jack is a pretty reliable guy, and usually shows up on Friday. After his nap, he will open up in the afternoon for us hardcore rocketeers. I will be setting up camp and dragging the club trailer out there around noon.
It will be warm Saturday, we call anything under 100* warm and they predict 95* for the high. Here is a link to the Goodyear weather, that's where I live and pretty close to the launch area:
https://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=zmw:85338.1.99999

They are predicting rain today, but that usually only happens on the East side, might bump up the humidity up to 25% though....

I wad told Jack will be there.

I'm short on vehicle space this time with the addition of two new flyers. As a result, I'm not bringing any of my launch equipment, even low power. Don't worry about not having yours.

Wayne, I'll be setting up Fri morning and coming back to town for a wedding that evening. Can you keep an eye on the tents if the wind kicks up until Rick gets there? They'll be on the east side where you were set up last time out. Thanks,Brotha

I wad told Jack will be there.

I'm short on vehicle space this time with the addition of two new flyers. As a result, I'm not bringing any of my launch equipment, even low power. Don't worry about not having yours.

Wayne, I'll be setting up Fri morning and coming back to town for a wedding that evening. Can you keep an eye on the tents if the wind kicks up until Rick gets there? They'll be on the east side where you were set up last time out. Thanks,Brotha

I will be out there around 11 am until probably 4 pm on Friday, be glad to keep and eye on your stuff while I'm there. I also have another event I have to attend Friday night. If you need anything, you know I will probably have it. I carry extra tent stakes and chord, and if you want me to bring anything else, let me know.....

Oh, I know you will have extras and then some. I think we are all set up In that regard.

If you want to do something cool, bring the Jeep. I wan5 to see you jump the big canal on the north side ;-)

Back