• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

xx TRF Good Buyers/Sellers

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stealth6

insert witty tagline here
Reaction score
I'm not sure if a thread like this has been done, but my search doesn't bring anything up so...

I've done business with - buying/selling/trading - a few TRF members. In the past, whenever I've wondered beforehand whether a given person was legit or not, I generally gauged it by how long they've been a forum member. This usually worked ok, and I've had a lot of great deals. That said, I figured there should be a better way. We don't have any official method of leaving feedback or anything, so I thought that I'd start a thread wherein we could all give thumbs up to those we've had good dealings with. This way, if anyone is unsure about buying or selling with another member for the first time, they could look them up in this thread. In time, all the "good guys" will have a history here.

In the spirit of Kevin/Troj's vendors thread, I strongly believe that this should be a place for POSITIVE feedback. Let's please leave out the horror stories, scams, and ripoffs - those issues should perhaps be dealt with in other arenas. Instead, let's keep this a place for giving the good guys a thumbs up. As well, this is about individuals, not vendors.

Mods/Admin - mayhaps this could get a sticky?

So, I'll start with my own (rather long it seems) list of all the good TRF folk who I've had fine/positive dealings with. Some of these I've bought from, some I've sold to, and a couple I've done trades with. ALL of them get my "seal of approval", and vote of confidence. You should feel comfortable doing business with any of them.

- Aksrockets
- AlnessW
- bill2654
- bandman444
- blackbrandt
- blackjack2564
- catchmeifucan
- Cl(VII)
- cmcain
- dbarrym
- dierenarts
- dixontj93060
- dlb
- Donaldsrockets
- DRAGON64
- Fuddrucker
- fyrwrxz
- gdjsky01
- Getmore
- grouch
- Hybrid33
- Inerax
- jpummil
- justin27
- lkal32
- mainer
- Overlord
- patelldp
- prophecy
- rcktman
- rebellyell
- rfjustin
- Rocketjoe13
- Sammy D
- tbonerocketeer
- thobin
- T-Rex
- Wayco
- Wiley
- Worsaer
- Zeroignite

Thanks guys, s6

UPDATE: Ok, so I've decided to also list out all the folks that others have suggested so far in this thread, so that they are all in one place.
I have not had dealings directly with any of these folks myself, but they get the TRF seal of approval from other members here so.....

- 4Kids49
- 423yjl
- accpool
- Afterburners
- alex zogh
- Alfa Brewer
- arapley
- Area66
- arragon
- atxcple
- Audi_driver
- Billspad
- Bob Jablonski
- CATO
- cbrarick
- chadrog
- Chris Attebery
- Chrisman91
- conman13
- crossfire
- cvanc
- cwbullet
- DAllen
- Daveyfire
- djfuller
- Don Huff
- Dseter
- ecayemburg
- Ed Delacroix
- ep29030
- Eric1
- ericclinedinst
- eyeguy41
- gabby8891
- Gattack
- gltruett
- Graduator
- gregm
- harsas
- hball55
- highpowerrocket
- HVAC25000
- Hybrid33
- JAllen
- jamesr
- Jblatz
- JDcluster
- jimzcatz
- jmac
- Joker050608
- JP Morgan
- Jus_rockets
- karlbaum
- Kaycee
- Ken Rico
- Kenstarr
- KidRockET
- KouroshG
- kruland
- lawndartman
- legranddudu
- littlemisterbig
- LW Bercini
- M2 rocketry
- majordude
- manixFan
- MartyAMC
- marwady
- markjos
- Maxitout
- maxvelocity
- Miamirocketman
- Mike di Venti
- MitchR
- mrwalsh85
- mjhall
- Mx774
- NAR93750
- Nathan
- n3tjm
- nh4clo4
- NikeRam
- nraymondb
- onebadhawk
- orwolf77
- osuedu
- Patelldp
- phaar12
- PKMdotCOM
- pnobile
- PokerJones
- PSLimo
- PunkRocketScience
- raohara
- RevKeith
- Ring Leader
- Rocketeer Gator
- Rocket86
- rocketheads
- rocketkyle
- Rocketman 223
- Rrwjr
- Sailorbill
- Salvage1
- Shrek
- Scott S
- SCP
- Slickwilly
- SinfulDarkLord
- smapdiage9
- Solarover12
- stealth6
- Syclone
- tattooron1
- ThePlmbr
- tfish
- ThirstyBarbarian
- timbucktoo
- tmacklin
- Tonimus
- Troj
- Vapesmoke911
- VARocketflyer
- watermelonman
- wefly2
- Zebedee

I'll try to update these lists now and again as time goes on.

s6

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey thanks for the approval ;)

Our transaction did go very smooth. Thank you.

Wow! Can't even track/remember the numerous transactions I've had on TRF--all good BTW.

First-I'd like to thank the seagulls in "Finding Nemo" for my TRF mantra (MIne!) and to date I've never had a bad experience here. Generically:
Anybody with 'crazy' in their name
Anybody named Scott or Scotty
Anybody named Tommy
All the Jeffs
A few Bills, Bobs,Charlies, Dans, Franks, Mikes, and others who didn't divulge a name their Mom would recognize.
There is honour here, with common bond. Thank you,TRF brothers!
Good on you S6-this is a great idea! :cheers:

Wow! Can't even track/remember the numerous transactions I've had on TRF--all good BTW.

I find myself in the same boat -- scratching my head, to think who I've bought from, or sold to.

Though, I think I have a big parachute out in the garage that used to be yours.

-Kevin

tumblr_m1wvyad1np1rrallbo2_500.jpg

First-I'd like to thank the seagulls in "Finding Nemo" for my TRF mantra (MIne!)

:cheers:

Remember joking around at the monthly SD TRA launch, stating something like : 'I don't know why anyone bothers to post any items for sale , they should just PM FyrWrx Dave and save the trouble . . .'

Yours !

Kenny

I think it is helpful to leave feedback as a reply to the post that listed the item for sale. This way the seller knows you got it, and everyone else knows its sold. When considering a purchase from a member, I look at his post history and see posts where items have been sold and buyers are happy with the transaction.

Some forum software has the option of giving members the chance to leave feedback with each member, like an eBay seller rating. Is that not an option here?

i too have done alot of trading here and have had lots of great purchases / sales... with quite a few TRFers outside of the normal store sales...

Troj
fyrwrxz (world record for fastest Pm)
Tfish
and many others i may have missed...

Aw shucks, Shane! Sorry I couldn't remember AtXcple, (hell-that's just crazy to try to type!) but you are golden, brother-one of the best of the best!

Last edited:
I've only bought a few things,only one transaction was not as described and just won't buy from them again nor bash them in a thread.I would tell my side in PM if wanted.
Guys I purchased from,got great deals, and would buy from again:
Justin27
Dseter
harsas
tbonerocketeer
DRAGON64
OverLord
SCP
Tronman

Ah well, so much for hoping this thread would keep to the spirit of what I intended it to be.

s6

I've bought and sold from a handful of people here and at RP. I've always received items promptly and have always shipped promptly.

In fact the only hiccup I've EVER had manifested itself two-fold: My favorite vendor took about 3 months to ship/charge me for a big nose cone that I ordered (so I bought one from another vendor in the mean time)...And...when I sold said extra nose cone, I neglected to put the suite number on the address so I had to run back down to the shipping outfit and pay them the few extra $$$ for tracking down the guy building a custom Nuclear Sledge Hammer.

Anyways, I like to sniff around a bit for some history/spirit in our hobby before purchasing or committing to sell.:2:

I've only purchased one item here:y: and it was a good deal.An altimeter one from VaRocket flyer..good experience.I don't seem to have as much money as the rest of you guys:D

I've only purchased one item here:y: and it was a good deal.An altimeter one from VaRocket flyer..good experience.I don't seem to have as much money as the rest of you guys:D
pssst- the secret is *cat food* ....if you really want to save money, go for the dry stuff.....

original post updated with a couple of new "good guys" who did me right in recent transactions.

thanks guys, s6

Thanks stealth!

Use the Raven2 in good health, my friend! Post details of its first flight?

Sorry to all you new users but post count and what you post will be a big factor in whether or not people will buy from you, and I may look to see who your friends are. I already got my money back from the bad deal that has spawned this topic but that may not always be the case. And when it comes down to it we have only ourselves to blame if we get scammed. I got a sobering reminder that you have to be diligent.

TA

Last edited:
You do have to keep in mind the first word in Postal Service is 'Postal'! And the service part is just a suggestion. Don't get me wrong-I have had the best letter carriers ever-it's the sorting/stomping/mash crew that bothers me most. And don't forget the great GreyHound Heist! Some events are beyond our control. My TRF buds have always come thru and in more times than not, given extra help and advice I've learned from. Have I been lucky? Yes-most of us 'know' each other, so It makes it easier. When I start to thin my HPR pile out-it'll be here and NOT fee-bay! We are all brothers in the smoke...

Awesome to be included on this list! Thanks for the positive recognition!

Back