FSI - Intrepid (#1032) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishhead

Huge Member
Reaction score
One of these was for sale on Ebay recently. It killed me not to be able to chase it. I had my black paint ready to go for some "on-field" painting, but I forgot it. :eek: You'll just have to imagine that the nose cone and transition are gloss black. (They are now.:eek:)

FSIIntrepidcloneonpad.jpg

This is supposed to fly as a cluster with a a center E9 and two outboard D11-Ps. I forgot and set the engine blocks at E9 depth and didn't have any spacers, so we'll try it as a cluster later this spring. :cool:

FSIIntrepidignition.jpg

FSIIntrepidliftoff.jpg

FSIIntrepidclearstherod.jpg

FSIIntrepidrecovery.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is supposed to fly as a cluster with a a center E9 and two outboard D11-Ps. I forgot and set the engine blocks at E9 depth and didn't have any spacers, so we'll try it as a cluster later this spring. :cool:

Didn't have any masking tape? Could of made a simple thrust ring on the motor using masking tape :p.

E9's and D11's? That's not on the recommended motors list. You need a F100 and two D20's :wink:. Also, don't let Borris find out that you been using his D11-P's :kill: lol.

Didn't have any masking tape? Could of made a simple thrust ring on the motor using masking tape :p.

E9's and D11's? That's not on the recommended motors list. You need a F100 and two D20's :wink:. Also, don't let Borris find out that you been using his D11-P's :kill: lol.

Holy carp! Forgot all about that!:blush:
I'll be watching the mail for the F100 and two D20's.:rolleyes::D

Oddly enough, when I flew it this past Saturday, both D11-Ps fit so tightly that they didn't need even masking tape. At the moment I'm not sure I'm going to be able to get them out without torquing the pod tubes and damaging them.
Even without the F100/D20 combination, this was a pretty impressive spectacle. I was trying for a launch shot with the burst setting of my camera. In one frame it was smoking, then it was gone.

442.jpg

450.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the FSI Intrepid (#1032) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the FSI Intrepid (#1032) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

FSI: Intrepid: #1032

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
FSI Intrepid (#1032) Basic Information.

fsi.gif
Flight Systems, Inc. (FSI)

MODEL NAME: Intrepid Also known as:

NUMBER: #1032

Introduced: 1990
Final Year: 1994
Designer:

Type: Exotic, Payload, Cluster
Motor Mount: 2x21mm + 1x29mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 49.5"
Diameter: 2.26"
Span:
Weight: 18 oz

Mfg. Description: An excellent flying model that can be flown with a single engine or with the cluster pack of engines shown on this page. Either way it is sure to be a crowd pleaser. (FSI 1990 Catalog)

Advertising Liveries

fsi-intrepid%201032-1990%20cat.jpg
1990 Catalog

Face Card(s)

fsi-intrepid%201032-face%201.jpg

Instruction Header(s)

fsi-intrepid%201032-instr%201.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
This is exactly the rocket I have received. I will do some measuring and see if it matches. If it was an original then the timeline matches for him but he has made clones I am sure. The one thing baffeling to me no pun intended is that the baffel is so close to the upper body tube it does seem short on parachute size. I'm not sure what size it should take, open to suggestions from those that are flying it.
Thanks for all the info.
Sterk03

Back