Cheapo 29mm tower

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aksrockets

Now with 8% more aluminum
Reaction score
I put together a tower for 29mm rockets today. $10 actually gets you a decent tower. I took 3 small "channels" (don't know what they're called, please tell me if you know), drilled them into a 3/4in PVC coupling and attached it to a 1/2in PVC tee. It's pretty sturdy and doesn't give the rocket much friction.
I still have to figure out what to use for a blast plate.
IMG_4657.jpg

IMG_4660.jpg
need to add more screws here
IMG_4665.jpg

IMG_4675.jpg
With a 29mm CF tube

IMG_4656.jpg
loaded with the mach-mobile

Last edited:
Anyone have any Idea of anything I can use for the blast deflector?

Alex

Anyone have any Idea of anything I can use for the blast deflector?

Alex

You could cut three holes in a pie tin and slide it over the rails so it rests on top on the pvc.

I really like the design!

On a slightly unrelated note: does anyone know a diy way of attaching a 1010 rail to pvc?

You could cut three holes in a pie tin and slide it over the rails so it rests on top on the pvc.

I really like the design!

On a slightly unrelated note: does anyone know a diy way of attaching a 1010 rail to pvc?

Yeah, buy some 1/4-20 carriage bolts long enough to go through the PVC and allow for some fender washers and wingnuts.

The head of the Carriage bolts fit snugly in the slots of the rail (You may or may not need to file them a bit), and the square flange below the head keep it from turning as it squares up in the slot. Put some fender washers on both sides of the pipe and tighten with the wing nut. It's what I did.

Metal Electrical 4x4 box covers make good blast plates.

A perfect blast deflector is a ceramic tile. Often times you can get one for free as a "sample".

Looks nice! Although you might need to add support of some kind closer to the top.

Braden

Back