a good clearcoat?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i luv duct tape

Reaction score
im painting an honest john with micheals brand acrylic paint and it scratches off really easy. what (flat) clearcoat would you guys suggest? im going with the normal olive paint scheme and would like it to still be flat but not so scratchy. thanks in advance,

-Jake

im painting an honest john with micheals brand acrylic paint and it scratches off really easy. what (flat) clearcoat would you guys suggest? im going with the normal olive paint scheme and would like it to still be flat but not so scratchy. thanks in advance,

-Jake

Really any clear flat that I know of is fine , just do a test run first to make sure it does'nt cook the paint. That said , flat will show scratches and such. Not that it's easier to scratch , but flat just shows surface mars more than say a gloss. Just the nature of the beast.

You can use Pledge with Future as a clear coat. Either airbrush it or brush it on.

thanks for the replys guys, and sorry for the late reply. i forgot i posted this thread. i think ill try some valspar flat clearcoat. will this work?

Back