Stickershock23.com Decals

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just made another order from Stickershock23 again today! I have been wanting to build a rocket as tribute to my archery days and my idol, Brady Ellison. He has a foundation called Shoot For The Cure, part of the Susan G. Komen foundation. Without further delay, my MkIII decals:
ribbon.jpg

The decals for my Mad-Cow Hawk 23B showed up today, as soon as the weather gets better I will finish the paint & decals and post some pics.
We went off the beaten path and all I can say is the results and quality look great, can't wait to finish it.
Not to mention- Mark was a AWESOME to work with. :cheers:

Andy

Wow guys Some great looking rockets! and thanks again for the good words!

I LOVE helping you out and making your rockets what you want them to be!

To anyone that has tried to contact me in the last week and its taken a while to get back to you sorry for the delay I have been fighting with kidney stones (YECH) so I have spent a lot of time down and out!

But no worries as soon as I get past this it will be back to the same old mark!!

Mark, I feel for ya buddy!!! I've had kidney stones 4 separate times... oh man!!! I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy... well, maybe my Ex... ;)

R

Mark, I feel for ya buddy!!! I've had kidney stones 4 separate times... oh man!!! I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy... well, maybe my Ex... ;)

R

thats funny, thats EXACTLY who I wished them on LOL

yeah I agree this is my second time.. and its just as bad as I remember it from the first time!

Thanks for getting back to us on our order Mark. No way would we be able to get all that right on the webpage.
Like I told Mary, my dad had several rounds of kidney stones until the doctor convinced him to drink more water. That was the cure. I still drink over a gallon a day, never want to go through that. Skip the energy drinks, they have chemicals and minerals that contribute to the problem.

Thanks for getting back to us on our order Mark. No way would we be able to get all that right on the webpage.
Like I told Mary, my dad had several rounds of kidney stones until the doctor convinced him to drink more water. That was the cure. I still drink over a gallon a day, never want to go through that. Skip the energy drinks, they have chemicals and minerals that contribute to the problem.

thanks Wayne... but monster energy drinks ROCK... (right to the kidneys!)

thanks Wayne... but monster energy drinks ROCK... (right to the kidneys!)

Got our big order from Stickershock Saturday and I have been busy! Had a couple of body tubes that still needed paint, so I did them first, then started sticking stuff. Sharon got the camera out to document the Darkstar Junior:
002.jpg

I use the dry method, it helps that I have done a bunch of these. Also is a lot faster and neater:
012.jpg

Got my three rockets done, the Bunny still needs a coat of Future though:
019.jpg

In the background you can see that we are real Stickershock fans. The Leviathan, Great Big Daddy, Rip Roar and Executioner are also Mark's work.
Here is a closeup of the Bunny:
020.jpg

Sharon has been lagging on her builds, something to do with the huge amount of work her business has gotten in the last two months. I'm not complaining, it pays the bills. She is currently working on her Squat! Also got stickers for her Wild child and Wild Thang, and a replacement sticker for my "Duke Nukem" after it had a separation and smacked in. I stole a gold nuclear emblem from Junior and used it to mark the new avbay for Duke. Hard to get good pictures of shiny rockets with a flash but I really like what "Future" does for my rockets.
A big "Thank You" goes out to Mark, he even remembered that I like to put stickers on all the fins and included enough nuclear emblems to do all the bottom fins on Junior.

I'm sorry Wayne and Mark, but I'm going to have to contact the Energizer Holding Corp. and discuss this blatant copyright violation with them.

I'm sorry Wayne and Mark, but I'm going to have to contact the Energizer Holding Corp. and discuss this blatant copyright violation with them.

You might have to add my recent build (minus nose cone). Duracell!! (Great work Mark, I LOVE IT!!!).

Attachments

• image-1791091854.jpg
    image-1791091854.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 0

You might be in for a surprise GJ, when I talked to them about my awesome rocket, they wanted to send me a royalties check for every time I fly it.
:rofl:

You might have to add my recent build (minus nose cone). Duracell!! (Great work Mark, I LOVE IT!!!).

That's a beautiful rocket you have there, what paint did you use for the copper?

You might be in for a surprise GJ, when I talked to them about my awesome rocket, they wanted to send me a royalties check for every time I fly it.
:rofl:

That's a beautiful rocket you have there, what paint did you use for the copper?

I used a metallic engine paint I found at an auto shop, it is labeled "burned copper". A bit pricey at $8.99 a can, but the end results were worth it. When I first started spraying it, I was afraid I had made a serious mistake as the metallic and other components of the paint seem to separate into weird patterns. Thought for sure I was going to be sanding it all off and starting over with a different product. Luckily I kept spraying and crossed my fingers. As it dried (quickly I might add) all the color patterns evened up perfectly. Due to "user error" on my part when I dropped it while taking it off my paint stand, I ended up with a bunch of deep fingerprints. They were so deep I ended up shooting and wet sanding another coat of primer, and then another coat of the VHT.

So far, the paint seems very durable. Very easy to shoot, great coverage.

D3.jpg

I used the VHT wheel paint (Graphite) for my bunny. Good hard paint that covers with one coat. The fins and N/C are done in Testers "Electric Pink". Mark did a great job matching it with his sticker color.
I also used the VHT graphite on my "Coppertop", but it didn't help much with it's last flight:
089.jpg

they are all looking great, Well except the crumpled one... LOL dont forget to send some of those pics to me to put on the website

Here ya go Mark- Finally calling it done. BTW - there is an email headed your way regarding my next few projects. :handshake:
I COULD NOT be happier with the final result- YOU ARE THE BEST MAN :cheers:

2hziidh.jpg

Thank You once again,

Andy

Last edited:
Back