how do you justify this hobby with your spouse?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No spouse either, just me and my 13 year old son. I leave him to his video games and he leaves me to my hobbies. No justification on either end, we both get to do what we enjoy.

Between her camera gear and sewing gear, this hobby is cheaper. Well, it is for now. She doesn't complain and she bought me some rockets for the holidays even. I think she figures that it keeps me busy and happy and less likely to be crabby in the evenings.

I work on all of our Vehicles and save us a Ton of money! I deserve a little something
every now and again ya know.

JP

My girl got into launching rockets after she went to a launch and saw all of us guys having more fun then she was just watching. Now it just figuring out who gets the last engine! :)

I retired last January. In April my wife decided I needed a hobby (probably before she killed me). I bought an RC helicopter, built a couple of plastic models. Not really any fun. One day I'm tossing junk out of the attic and find my old copy of Stine's Handbook. The rest is history and SHE started it!

Mike

Back