AeroTech Information Release 5/28/09: AeroTech Creates KEB Signature Line

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garoq

Reaction score
AeroTech Information Release

5/28/09

AeroTech Creates Karl E. Baumann Signature Product Line

AeroTech is pleased to announce that it has created the Karl E. Baumann (KEB™) Signature Line™ of specialty and high-performance rocket motor products.

Karl is currently AeroTech's Director of Operations and was Tripoli Rocketry Association's (TRA's) first Level 3 certified flyer. Karl certified Level 3 in 1995 during LDRS-14 at the Black Rock Desert, NV with his beautifully finished 1/2 scale Phoenix missile powered by the then-new AeroTech M2400T Blue Thunder™ motor.

karl_at_xprs175.jpg

Karl said "Given the often generic and 'me too' nature of many of the rocket motors out there, especially recent competitive offerings, I thought it would be beneficial and interesting for AeroTech to develop and market a line of products that are truly unique and deliver exceptionally high performance".

"We've been perfecting a number of new methodologies over the past few years and I agreed with Karl that the KEB line would be the ideal marketing vehicle for new products using them" stated AeroTech/RCS President Gary Rosenfield. "For example, we recently demonstrated a delivered propellant specific impulse (Isp) exceeding 254 seconds in our advanced test motors. We want to incorporate some of that technology into our future high-power consumer reloads."

The line will initially consist of products to include endburning and Boost-Sustain™ motors and a number of high-power reload kits using a specially-optimized version of AeroTech's Blue Thunder propellant and other advanced formulations. Karl was personally involved in the selection, development and testing of the new products.

To that end, AeroTech is releasing the first three motors in the KEB line, the I49N-P, the I59WN-P and the L339N-P reloads.

The I49N-P (P/N 09049P) is a Warp-9™ propellant endburning reload kit that fits RMS™ 38/360 hardware. It delivers a National Association of Rocketry (NAR) certified total impulse of 383 newton-seconds (N-sec) over a burn time of 7.68 seconds with an initial (peak) thrust of 64 newtons.

i49n-p225.jpg

The I59WN-P (P/N 09059P) is AeroTech's first Boost-Sustain offering and uses a coreburning White Lightning™ propellant boost grain coupled with an endburning Warp-9 propellant sustain grain. The I59WN fits RMS 38/480 hardware and delivers a NAR-certified total impulse of 486 N-sec over a burn time of 7.99 seconds. The motor delivers a peak "boost" thrust of 173 newtons followed by a long sustain burn tapering from about 60 to 35 newtons.

i59wn-p225.jpg

The I49N and the I59WN both require use of a new 38mm "endburning-style" forward closure, P/N 38EBFCPT. This is due to the fact that both reloads are sold in a "plugged" configuration with no delay components, and no void space can exist above the endburning propellant grain. The endburning-style forward closure is machined with a 5/16-18 threaded recovery system anchor point and also includes a threaded boss for attachment of the AeroTech Electronic Forward Closure (EFC-1).

The L339N-P (P/N 12339P) is a Warp-9 propellant endburner for RMS 98/2560 hardware. It delivers a TRA-certified total impulse of 2,793 N-sec over a burn time of 8.82 seconds, with an initial (peak) thrust of 445 newtons. The L339N requires the use of a "forward closure bulkhead plug" (P/N 98FCBP) installed in the standard 98mm RMS plugged forward closure, as this reload also does not include any smoke charge components.

l339n-p225.jpg

All three of these reloads are perfect for lightweight altitude rockets or for upper stages. Currently, AeroTech is the only manufacturer producing endburning composite propellant hobby rocket motors. Look for additional products in the KEB Signature Line to be released at LDRS-28 in Potter, NY and in the near future.

AeroTech anticipates that shipments of the new KEB reloads to its dealers will begin in 3 to 4 weeks.

Motor instructions, thrust curves, assembly drawings and the official NAR and TRA certification documents for the three new KEB reloads are now available for download in PDF format from the Resource Library on the AeroTech website at https://www.aerotech-rocketry.com.

AeroTech Consumer Aerospace is a division of RCS Rocket Motor Components, Inc., Cedar City, UT.

Awesome =)
I´ve been waiting for those since you gave us a sneak peak at ALRS in 2007.

Keep up the good work!

best regards,
Felix

I just love long burn motors, these are going to be a lot of fun. Are they now or when will they be CA fire marshall approved?

Mike

Wow - these sound like a lot of fun. I may have to try that I59 :D

Wow - these sound like a lot of fun. I may have to try that I59 :D

My main vendor for AT stuff has already gotten email from me and promised to let me know when AT makes them available for vendors to order.

I WANT!! HURRY UP GARY!! :D

Seriously Gary, thanks for putting up with us. :) Great stuff coming out of Aerotech lately. I'm very excited about the I59, but the I49 and L339 look like a ton of fun too.

And I59 style motor in a longish 54mm case (54/1706?) would be a ton of fun.. hint.. :jaw:

Back