Estes - Bail-Out (#2070) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishhead

Huge Member
Reaction score
The Estes Bail Out was the first rocket I bought for my son. The original one had a harness that would let you hook a GI Joe up to a parachute, unlike the later one that had a plastic army man. I thought this rocket would interest him because he was big into GI Joe when he was five. He kind of lost interest when his new GI Joe got treed on the first flight. Man, did I hear about that one.:eyeroll:
The Bail Out is still flyable, and I've got a nephew who is into Star Wars. Maybe I'll tell him it's called Bail Out Greedo or something.:rolleyes:

SamandBailOutMorscherFieldOctober1996.jpg

SamandBailOutatthelastYMCAlaunch.jpg

EstesBailOutatMorscher.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the Estes Bail-Out (#2070) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Estes Bail-Out (#2070) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Estes: Bail-Out: #2070

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Estes Bail-Out (#2070) Basic Information.

estes.gif
Estes Industries

MODEL NAME: Bail-Out Also known as:

NUMBER: #2070

Introduced: 1992
Final Year: 1998
Designer:

Type: Sport, "Payload (Toy Soldier)"
Motor Mount: 1x18mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 24.5"
Diameter: 1.637"
Span:
Weight: 3.07 oz

Mfg. Description: Action figure bails out of rocket. (Estes 1992 Catalog)

Advertising Liveries

estes-bail%20out%202070-1992%20cat.jpg
1992 Catalog

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

estes-bail%20out%202070-instr%201.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
When I was 10, I had 3 hobbies: GI Joe, Nintendo, and rockets. I read the 1992 Estes catalog CONSTANTLY, and kept pestering my Mom to take me to the hobby shop, which rarely happened. Oh sure, she'd find time to drag me around the clothing store to browse, but couldn't do the same for one of my interests.

In any case, I always wanted one of these because of the GI Joe in the ad. I think I wanted to launch Cobra Commander into orbit. I never was able to get one of these. That's one reason I love the galleries here. I get to live vicariously though everyone else. Although Photobucket doing whatever has sent some of the pics people have posted into oblivion.

BTW, I still have that 1992 catalog.

Build an upscale! I did of the Freefall. I put an astronaut Barbie in it. I've built upscales of several Estes rockets.

IMGP6123.JPG

IMGP6127.jpg

P1100529.jpg

barbie_08.jpg

Back