Shrox - Icarus Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishhead

Huge Member
Reaction score
ShroxIcarusonQuarkpad-1.jpg

ShroxIcarusglamourshot-1.jpg

ShroxIcarusinflight-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There was an early post looking for the fin pattern for this rocket. I knew that I had the Rocksim file but had never built it. Looking through the file and parts I had on hand, there was a match so I decided to give it a try. I followed the Rocksim plan but added a FlisKits baffle to the top of the BT50. I was hoping to find a scan of the decals somewhere but no luck so I just recreated most of them with some slight changes. I was pleased how it turned out. The first launch was last Saturday at the MASA July launch. I used a C6-5 but will need to goto a C6-3 if I am launch it again. The rocket did well in flight but landed in an irrigation ditch and filled with water. I am sure I will be able to fly it again with some repairs.

--- Ron

Post copied to gallery with permission

Attachments

• Clone - Shrox Icarus.jpg
    Clone - Shrox Icarus.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 86
Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the Shrox Icarus Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Shrox Icarus and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Shrox: Icarus:

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Shrox Icarus Basic Information.

shrox_logo.gif
Shrox Industria

MODEL NAME: Icarus Also known as:

NUMBER:

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer: Shrox

Type: Exotic
Motor Mount: 1x18mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 28"
Diameter: 1.325"
Span: 8"
Weight:

Mfg. Description:

Advertising Liveries

shrox-icarus-2002%20web.jpg
2002 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Back