Pegasus XL

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Montaro

Reaction score
I was looking for the information in space.com about the date for the Dragon rendezvous with the ISS, and i saw that today will be the Orbital pegasus XL launch, i looked for a Cardstock 1:48 and i found this one https://jleslie48.com/gallery_models_postapollo.html so i modified to use a A10T Motor.

800px-Lockheed_TriStar_lauches_Pegasus_with_Space_Technology_5.jpg

I reinforced the fins adding a little tab
mini-P3201212.JPG

And installed inside the body
mini-P3201217.JPG
mini-P3201218.JPG

Create the engine mount
mini-P3201220.JPG

I added a ejection baffle
mini-P3201215.JPG

Last edited:
The wings mount looked too weak, so i reinforced it !
mini-P3201222.JPG

Finished and ready to be launch today as the real one ;)
mini-P3211227.JPG

the CG is in the wings so i couldn't test using the test swing, so i have to trust in the CP that the oprn rocket give me and pray !!!

today was windy i hope today have a better weather condition.

This is my first model with wings, so i don't have any idea is this will works!

I just flew it, the flight was great, i think could reach more altitude but i forgot to remove the rod cap :blush:

Data Log
Engine: A10-3T
Apogee (m): 39
Speed (KPH): 74
Burn Time (Seg): 0.5
Peak Acceleration (g): 19.1
Average Acceleration (g): 4.1
Coast to Apogee time (Seg): 3.2
Apogee to Eject time (seg): N/A
Ejection altitude(m): 33
Desent Speed(KPH): 9
Flight Duration: 15.5

[YOUTUBE]mDnERhFN2T0[/YOUTUBE]

Sr. Montaro,

I have followed with interest your various contributions to our forum with cardstock rockets. Your work never ceases to please. You are an artist in the medium of paper and I applaud your efforts and contributions.

Thank you for participating.

Sr. Montaro,

I have followed with interest your various contributions to our forum with cardstock rockets. Your work never ceases to please. You are an artist in the medium of paper and I applaud your efforts and contributions.

Thank you for participating.

Thanks Jal,

everything I've learned here, so the least I can do is share my experiences with everybody.

Back