Aerotech vs. Cesaroni

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Competitor 4 fully load with motor, weighted in at 30 pounds. If you're going to fly a 5 grain 75mm 'M' motor I would suggest flying the M1315W instead. I used it for my L3 cert flight and it put my Competitor 4 up 16,345'.

Hmm - my AMRAAM is a bit more than that - it's 35lbs or so on a 4g L. As for the 1315, it's nice, but I'd rather fly the Pro75. It's a brand new motor, and should be pretty awesome (Jeroen - is it OK if I post the pdf that you gave me, or should I wait a bit?).

Hmm - my AMRAAM is a bit more than that - it's 35lbs or so on a 4g L. As for the 1315, it's nice, but I'd rather fly the Pro75. It's a brand new motor, and should be pretty awesome (Jeroen - is it OK if I post the pdf that you gave me, or should I wait a bit?).
I suggest we wait a little till everything is final. I'm hoping we get the certification done in 1-2 weeks. Things have been so busy here. It has been a crazy summer till now. Thank you for all your support of our products, great photos and enthusiastic feedback. That really helps!

Jeroen

OK, I'll wait then. As for the M1315, I definitely plan on flying it at some point, but I've seen a bunch of them and they're fairly common, so I'd rather fly the new motor first. I like new and unique motors :D

Last edited:

Wow 35lbs on a 4 grain L. I thought my Comp 4 on a M1850W was heavy at 30 pounds.

I'd rather fly an Aerotech. I don't really have any plans to fly any cti or pro-x motors ever.

Wow 35lbs on a 4 grain L. I thought my Comp 4 on a M1850W was heavy at 30 pounds.

I'd rather fly an Aerotech. I don't really have any plans to fly any cti or pro-x motors ever.

What a shame. They have some nice stuff. I try not to have any specific brand loyalty, and instead choose based on other qualities. I chose White Thunder for my L2 because I wanted a white, 75mm, full L motor, and Aerotech didn't have one of those (since the L1120 was reclassified as the M1297). I also wanted something a bit harder hitting than White Lightning just to ensure stability off the pad. When I wanted to fly a green motor though, I went Aerotech, because I prefer Mojave Green to Green Gorilla. I like Warp 9 more than Vmax, but CTI's blue is a bit nicer than Blue Thunder, at least in the smaller sizes. Basically, I chose motors based on their merits (K700Ws are pretty awesome though, and are in strong contention as my favorite motor of any size).

My :2:

Oh, and as for my AMRAAM's weight, yeah, it is a bit of a pig. 10lbs of that is noseweight though, since I insisted on a perfect scale model. If you get it moving pretty fast though, it will coast practically forever - it's got a really high ballistic coefficient.

Last edited:
Why do you prefer them though? I'm just curious - I like both brands over Animal or Loki (as much as anything because I prefer threads over snap rings), but I'm curious what the deciding factor is for you between CTI and AT.

Last edited:
Why do you prefer them though?

Thats what I am getting at. CTI also has a good motor selection. Do they give you some kind of deal? Do you have a grudge with someone else? Do you work for AT ? ;)

There just seems to be so many other options out there. I am not knocking AT and I do occasionally fly an AT load but there are alot of other options out there.

Ben

It has to do with my two many vendors sell only Aerotech. The other vendor that sells AT, cti, and amw sells at list price. The other two sell at a discount. Also AT reloads cost less then cti reloads. I was able to get my M1315 for my L3 flight for only $262 verse $300 for an M1400. Note I got the price for the M1400 from wildman.

That's a perfectly valid reason, honestly. There's definitely an element of availability wherever you fly. My local vendor carries CTI and AT, and will give me discounts on both, so I fly both.

To me it all has to do with customer service.

I have a few dealers I use consistently. they take care of me, they treat me right. I continue to use them.

Treat me bad and bye bye. I will never deal with you again. If Brand "A" treated me bad it's BYE BYE, and I encourage my friends to do the same thing.

I just placed a several hundred dollar order of CTI hardware, and reloads. and I am happy as a clam! I was treated Great, Got exactly what I wanted, the price was fair. The Product is AWESOME! I am a customer for life now!

being a vendor myself I would expect the same. I try my best to treat people right. and I hope to get lots of repeat customers. and I do!

So far I've chosen Aerotech. They're the only ones so far with a 24mm system, and that's what appealed to me at a point where I was just transitioning to MPR. I then got a very good deal on ebay for a 29/180-240 system for my certification - I ended up spending somewhat less than I would have for an equivalent pair of CTI casings.

I'm now looking for a new small 29mm system. I'm pretty much set on an AT 29/40-120 system for the wide variety of loads, especially with the Fast Jack, Redline, and Mojave Green loads available. I probably won't try any Pro29 stuff in the future, because now that I have AT 29mm closures both the cases and loads are cheaper.

However, once I turn 18 and can buy loads myself, drive to regional launches, and get L2 certification, then the whole game changes. Then I'll probably go for Pro54 stuff so I can fly skidmarks.

I personally like the work of assembling AT reloads. It's fun for me to got through the work of assembling my own rocket motor and watching it work.

man i wish could we lock this why the aerotech vs amw vs pro- 38 and so on.. me i fly them all i have aerotech and amw with some pro-38 and 54 stuff

so what you get a kick back from aerotech

Last edited:
Why do we have to think 'AT vs. Cesaroni',
I prefer the 'AT and Cesaroni' school of thought.

The two product lineups complement each other
very well giving me a huge selection of reloads
to choose from.

Granted, the initial investment in a few extra casings
hurts your check book a wee bit more but it pays off well...

I usually fly:

24mm - all Aerotech
29mm - all Aerotech so far, will get some AMW/Cesaroni soon
38mm - mostly AMW/Cesaroni, some Aerotech and Gorilla
54mm - Gorilla rules !!!

Let's do away with this us vs. them mentality and support
all the vendors in our small community to ensure success and
survival of our beloved hobby...

Folks

We have more selections in APCP motors than ever before, so let's loose the versus and emphasize the and.

Every commercial motor manufacturer sells NAR, TMT or CAR certified motors.
  1. All work as specified.
  2. All are different, none are better.
  3. Use whatever motors you like.
Everyone has had an opportunity to speak.

Now it's time to move on.

Bob

Last edited:
Not counting different delays, there are 739 certified motors.

WOW:eyepop:! Launch one a day for a little over 2 years! Then by the time you get done you will have to catch up on new ones that would be bound to come up during..Of course this would require a systematic approach of going from low to high!

Anyone up to do this?:roll:

...Launch one a day for a little over 2 years! ...
Anyone up to do this?:roll:

Sure! I'll volunteer!

Now, if you can get me sponsorship from all the manufacturers.......:pop::w::headbang:

Back