FSI - Sprint (MRK-7 or #1007) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishhead

Huge Member
Reaction score
FSISprintupscaleglamourshot.jpg

FSISprintupscaleliftoff.jpg

I was never able to track down an original, so I went with a BT-60/70 upscale that flies on Estes E9 motors.:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
The 15th build in my ongoing FSI clone project: my MRK-VII Sprint. I completed it in July, 2008.

Sprint 2.jpg........Sprint.jpg

Welcome to the FSI Sprint (MRK-7 or #1007) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the FSI Sprint (MRK-7 or #1007) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

FSI: Spirint: MRK-7 or #1007

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
FSI Sprint (MRK-7 or #1007) Basic Information.

fsi.gif
Flight Systems, Inc. (FSI)

MODEL NAME: Sprint Also known as:

NUMBER: MRK-7 or #1007

Introduced: 1968
Final Year: 1994
Designer:

Type: Sport, Parachute Duration
Motor Mount:
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 337mm
Diameter: 30mm
Span: 120mm
Weight: 55g

Mfg. Description: The Sprint features a large upper body tube with a reverse transition to a smaller lower body tube.

A large parachute can be packed into the large upper body tube for long parachute duration flights.

The effect of base drag can be studied with this model and compared to a model like the Nova. Flight testing can be fun.

As with all Flight Systems Inc kits, only the best of materials are used. The fins are cut from tough birch plywood (3 ply). The shock cord is covered with a heat resistant cover. The nose cone has the proper weight to keep the center of gravity forward for true stabilized flight. Body tubes are easy to glue fins onto and will paint and finish to look like metal. (FSI 1970 Catalog)

Advertising Liveries

fsi-sprint%20mrk7-1970%20cat.jpg
1970 Catalog

Face Card(s)

fsi-sprint%20mrk7-face%201.jpg
fsi-sprint%20mrk7-face%202.jpg

Instruction Header(s)

fsi-sprint%20mrk7-instr%201.jpg
fsi-sprint%20mrk7-instr%202.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Back