Estes DOM - Space Twins (#41) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishhead

Huge Member
Reaction score
SpaceTwinsdustydetail.jpg

SpaceTwinsonQuarkpad.jpg

SpaceTwinsliftoff.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll have to take a picture of mine.

I used dope to paint the gliders orange and blue. The core is still "naked" after maybe ten years.

It's a great design, and flies really well.

I wonder if it would scale up. BT-20 gliders, BT-50 core. Not too different from the old MPC Lunar Patrol . . .

I wonder if it would scale up. BT-20 gliders, BT-50 core.

Nicely. Mine is BT-55 core with BT-50 gliders. Best gliders I've ever flown. I even used one to sub for my Condor glider after it got killed at VOA.

How'd they fly? I need to rebuild the gliders for mine since only one survived the last flight. I think they'd work best if they match in parts. At least I still have one left to see what I did right.:cool:

The gliders currently fly really well. Not quite a circular path, but enough that I haven't had to walk much to retrieve them.

In the past, the blue one suffered a spell of warping that caused it to flutter. But for the last year or so has glided really nicely.

I think the booster / core could be longer. Another 6" or so wouldn't hurt. I might splice on some more body tube when I do the current needed repair, re-attaching the kevlar shock cord anchor!

I'd like to plug the Space Twins as a nice mid-range project. It makes a wonderful demo model. If I build another, I'd give it a "patriotic" red, white, and blue paint job, with minimal dope on the gliders and lots of Trim monokote stripes and sticker-stars.

I'd like to plug the Space Twins as a nice mid-range project. It makes a wonderful demo model. If I build another, I'd give it a "patriotic" red, white, and blue paint job, with minimal dope on the gliders and lots of Trim monokote stripes and sticker-stars.

I left mine bare. The black nosecone is just a stock, unpainted PNC-56, while the glider cones came in a nose cone assortment that I bought from Apogee in 2001 or so. They were red, and the balsa on the gliders turned out so nice that I also left them unpainted.

Welcome to the Estes DOM Space Twins (#41) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Estes DOM Space Twins (#41) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Estes DOM: Space Twins: #41

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Estes DOM Space Twins (#41) Basic Information.

estes_dom.gif
Estes Design of the Month (Estes DOM)

MODEL NAME: Space Twins Also known as:

NUMBER: #41

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Boost Glider
Motor Mount: 1x18mm
Recovery: Streamer/Glide + Glide
Stages: 1
Length:
Diameter:
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description: DESC

Advertising Liveries

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

estes%20dom-space%20twins%2041-instr%201.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Back