Estes Pro Series II

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Estes makes three launch rods now: 1/8", 3/16" & 1/4"

The first two have been in the Estes catalog for a very long time. The last is the standard size for MPR and smaller HPR. I would note, as I have one of the new pads, that standard 1/4" launch lugs are loose on the Estes 1/4" rod.

I agree, it´s "standard size" if you compare it with other manufacturers such as AeroTech (the Mantis comes with a 1/4" rod as well). For Estes, they only sold 1/8" & 3/16" (3 and 5 mm) rods so far.

However, if I recall it correctly, Estes shipped out a 1/4" rod along with "The Dude" about 10 years ago?

Oliver

Any new delays with the Nike Smoke? Just looked at the online catalog and there's no reference to it. Thought I might have seen it as 'Coming Soon'... it was in the pdf catalog I downloaded a couple weeks back...that's the one I am waiting for... :clap:

...the new PVC based pad has been packed and will be shipping soon if they haven't started to do so already. I don't think its on the website yet either...but again, we'll get it posted soon as we can.
Rod on this is 1/4" thread together and 60" tall...PN is 3552 and retail is $79.99...image is one that was pulled off the line.
Mike

PSII launch pad.jpg

...the new PVC based pad has been packed and will be shipping soon if they haven't started to do so already. I don't think its on the website yet either...but again, we'll get it posted soon as we can.
Rod on this is 1/4" thread together and 60" tall...PN is 3552 and retail is $79.99...image is one that was pulled off the line.
Mike

It looks very much like the pad that came with the Hobbylab SR-71. And that's not a bad thing. The Hobbylab launch pad was simple to assemble and sturdy. And the thread-together launch was nice. It was the best part of the SR-71 package.

-- Roger

Remember the Rocketvision "Trans Pod"? those were cool. The legs attached together to form a tube to carry the rod inside. The legs had coarse threads to easily screw into the hub without getting stuck. I ordered one, but alas, it never came...:(

one thing you can do to improve the chutes is to gently hand wash them in warm soapy (I used washing up liquid/dish detergent) water, rinse well and let dry. this washes the sizing out and makes for a 'softer' chute that is eaier to pack.
rex

Mike
Eighty bucks for that? Is that priced to counter the 40% off coupons everyone will use? Doesn't look like much pad for the price. A Mantis is less from hobbylinc.

Hi all! My [amazing] girlfriend bought me the Leviathan for my birthday. What a great quality kit! Bear in mind that this is my first mid power adventure, so I'm still a little star struck. Parts were all just about perfect. I cant wait to fly it! Here's a pic of the finished build, before clear coat.

lev.jpg

Hi all! My [amazing] girlfriend bought me the Leviathan for my birthday. What a great quality kit! Bear in mind that this is my first mid power adventure, so I'm still a little star struck. Parts were all just about perfect. I cant wait to fly it! Here's a pic of the finished build, before clear coat.

View attachment 82952

Nice buid for your first MP.. keep us posted on how it flys... I know your going to love it!

Grimracer

Yeah, plus facility costs (mortgage/rent, utilities) labor, marketing, shipping/Receiving, customer service, Samples to customers, preproduction costs, Liability Insurance...

Manufacturing a product and running a business takes more than people think...

yeah no kidding. that's at most twenty bucks of material there.

Estes has posted fully-dimensioned paint scheme diagrams for the Pro Series II rockets, to enable the builder to reproduce that "catalog look." This is yet another example of grade A+ service. Thanks, Estes!

Last edited:
Back