Estes Pro Series II

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike,

Fantastic job on all those birds! Simply beautiful!!! Can't wait to see them in person this weekend! Are you bringing the model, errr wife to T-struck too?

I finished the Argent last night; I'll post a photo in the Thunderstruck thread this afternoon.

Again, well done!

-Eric-

Grim

All the rockets you build are outstanding and the three you listed are exceptional! Thanks for sharing!:):)

Completed my rendition of the Argent yesterday. With Thunderstruck looming and other projects on deck, there was no time to paint and minimal time for assembly. Therefore, the Argent was completed in two evening build sessions with a few coats of primer and paint to the nose and transition in between.

Session 1: assemble motor mount, epoxy two lower airframe sections together, and cover the airframe and fins in three-tone Ultracote and Monokote.

Session 2: The remainder of the build: epoxy and fillet fins, install rail buttons and launch lugs for versatility, and drill a pressure relief hole.

That’s it! Very quick build and as Mike mentioned, quite the light bird for its size! Mine came in at 468.0 grams, or just over a pound dry.

Shake down flight will be this weekend; drag racing Grim’s military toned Argent, likely on H268 Redlines!

Completed photo of the bird here: https://www.rocketryforum.com/showpost.php?p=317414&postcount=196

-Eric-

Fellas,

The rockets are larger then one would expect. The shapes are nice and clean and overall light weight and simple.

My little Red Head can not make it as our daugher and gandson are coming to visit this weekend as well as our friends from Eauclare. Big is going to be hanging with me as well as my good buddy Squeaky from Canada.

Yep.. that cute little Red head is a Grandma.. Good living and makeup!:roll:
:roll:

Eric. Your Argent looks great. I can not wait to line them up side buy side and hammer the power!.. 54321 GONE!

See ya all soon!

Grimracer

Ditto . . . much larger than I expected!

I think Estes has produced a very nice first-round of midpower kits. The only reason I don't have an Argent on my wish list right now is my gigantic build queue!

Thanks guys

4 rockets in 10 days. Thats about as fast I can build. Im now building "Coozie's" for them.

I got the motor retention and recovery systems put in last night and a wet sand and re-clear on the nose cone of the Argent.

Not sure whats next for me. I have to get some boats ready for the racing seasion but that should not take long.

Im just not sure what one of these are my favorite!

Grimracer

Hey Grim send them to me and I'll try helping you choose which one is the favorite :lol:.Very nice workmanship as usual I definitely can say. I saw your name on the post and thought hmmmm, wonder if this is the same Grim as the one on OSE?, yup. I'm new to the forum and just got back into Rockets the past fall. I Usually build a FE Boat every winter but thought I'd take a break in building one this year and instead get back into rockets which was my interest in my younger years since our son is getting a bit older now and can join the fun with me.

Keep up the great work of making our hobbies a blast.
Ken

Thanks guys

4 rockets in 10 days. Thats about as fast I can build. Im now building "Coozie's" for them.

I got the motor retention and recovery systems put in last night and a wet sand and re-clear on the nose cone of the Argent.

Not sure whats next for me. I have to get some boats ready for the racing seasion but that should not take long.

Im just not sure what one of these are my favorite!

Grimracer

Really nice looking builds,I was worried the quality was not going to be there.The prices are in line with LOC Percision.Will have to look into these more closely,hope I can see some of these kits in person to see if the quality is worth the price.I mentioned LOC because I live 15 min. from Barry's shop and drop by from time to time.Barry always shows me around the shop and the newest things he has on hand.Great person and member of our Rocket Club.

Ken,

Im a 24-7 kook for this stuff so its full throttle.

RC boats are my main squeese but rocket will never be far away.

Thank you for the kind words. Truth is i REALLY like just hanging out and not being an expert at ANYTHING here.. more the student!

CJP. If you can make the launch this weekend I will have the built rockets with me as well as one of each kit. I just want to give the rockets a fair shake and let OTHERS decide what they like and how they feel about them.

ROCKET AND ROLL!

Grim

Ken,

Im a 24-7 kook for this stuff so its full throttle.

RC boats are my main squeese but rocket will never be far away.

Thank you for the kind words. Truth is i REALLY like just hanging out and not being an expert at ANYTHING here.. more the student!

CJP. If you can make the launch this weekend I will have the built rockets with me as well as one of each kit. I just want to give the rockets a fair shake and let OTHERS decide what they like and how they feel about them.

ROCKET AND ROLL!
Grim
I'm in Ohio,would very much like to attend your launch,but don't know where it's being held.That being said I'd say the drive would be to far.Mybe I'll see these kits at a future launch.I hope things go well weather wise this weekend and mybe you could post some pictures of the rocket launchs.cjp.

I found the complete Estes Pro Series II line at my local hobby store.

All four of the kits, the Pro Series motors, the Sonic Igniters, and the latest tube marking guide (very slick).

Of the kits, I liked the big Leviathan best followed by the Ventris. IIRCS, both featured some 3" diameter tubing. The other two were smaller and didn't appeal to me. YMMV.

I could be wrong about this but all kits looked to have plastic para-sheets.

If I can find a Hobby Lobby coupon I may just pick up the Leviathan next time I go near the solitary HL store serving our multi-million resident metropolitan area.

They may well be nylon but I couldn't get a real good look at them through the packaging. Even better.

And I did find the Hobby Lobby coupon but was unable to find out online if my HL has the new kits. I could call I suppose. :D

I purchased 2 Baby Berthas @ 9.99 and only Ventris was stamped $9.99 also. They had a Leviathin not tagged + many Pro series motors no tags either.

My son and I walked out with all 3 kits total $27.66. Just getting back into the hobby I am not ready to make the step into the larger motors. I have never worked with epoxy or motors this large. But - I also was not going to pass this up if the sticker was a mistake.

I purchased 2 Baby Berthas @ 9.99 and only Ventris was stamped $9.99 also. They had a Leviathin not tagged + many Pro series motors no tags either.

My son and I walked out with all 3 kits total $27.66. Just getting back into the hobby I am not ready to make the step into the larger motors. I have never worked with epoxy or motors this large. But - I also was not going to pass this up if the sticker was a mistake.

I hope you feel guilty about that - where's that store?!?!?!?!?!?!:y:

The new Sonic Igniters are each housed in a 5" long piece of 1/8" mylar launch lug, not the useless paper I was expecting (alla-copperhead). They look like a mini-firstfire, how cute.:p

PIC_1578.jpg

PIC_1579.jpg

Just ground tested an ejection charge with a Sonic, worked well. These will be nice ejection charge lighters for small diameter rockets without bulkhead space for terminals - ten inches long, and about the same price as a Q2G2.

Um, I like the design of the Ventris, but perhaps, before ordering one, you might want to look up the Latin definition of the word :eyepop:.

Back