Stickers are not sticking.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spacepirate R

Reaction score
Yes, I am trying to use stickers on one of my rockets. I found these neat samurai stickers and thought that they would look good on my modified Superbird. The stickers on the fins are sticking ok (over Krylon gloss white) but the ones on the body tube are lifting. I even rolled them a bit before placing them. :kill:

Would covering them in a thin layer of glue work? Is my sticker experiment doomed?

It may be the quality of the stickers. A good sticker will stick well to most anything and exceptionally well to a gloss finish...providing there are no oily inhibitors. Next time you decide to use a "sticker", check the tackiness. I know vinyl sticks like nobody's business and I tend to go that route when applying adhesives.

Might try peeling them off and applying 3M Spray Adhesive to the backs...

Probably they had cheap junk adhesive...

Later and good luck! OL JR :)

first lets make sure we know what we are working with.

assuming your model is painted Gloss over the entire surface. No matte, semi-gloss or flourescent painted used.

If this is the case. then most any old sticker can be saved by wicking just a bit of Medium CA around the lifted edged of the sticker and carefully work the sticker from center out to the edges with a squeegee of some sort. can be a real Vinyl application squeegee or made of styrene, stiff cardboard or even folded paper. You will have to have the model supported on a solid surface while appling this method as you will need both hands. Very important to use very little CA. Apply with a toothpick or needle anywhere the sticker is lifting. Once all have been reattached with CA a coat of future or pledge with future will finish off the application.

Back