New FORMULA 98 from Rocketry Warehouse

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GaryT said:
Here is my finished FORMULA 98, All loaded up with everything but the motor mine came in at 10.6lbs.

One thing I'd highly recommend for these paint-less kits is the Proline 4500 Epoxy, This stuff is just incredible, With the black G12 fins and the colored tubes it looks awesome and is a dream to work with.

Very nice dude!

Love these kits... great price, great looks, the nosecone may be the best part...

Well I broke down!

Loaded up the cart with some tubing for the rebuild/upgrade of my Mach Madness rocket and shipping was ~$20. Added a Blueberry Formula 98 to the order and shipping only went to $22. $101 including shipping for a kit like this (at least how I'm justifying it) is phenomenal!

dixontj93060 said:
Well I broke down!

Loaded up the cart with some tubing for the rebuild/upgrade of my Mach Madness rocket and shipping was ~$20. Added a Blueberry Formula 98 to the order and shipping only went to $22. $101 including shipping for a kit like this (at least how I'm justifying it) is phenomenal!

Very tempting to buy one. Since you are repairing this Mach Madness rocket, can you post a thread about it? I am eager to see the set up of the rocket you got up to almost Mach 3...

Very tempting to buy one. Since you are repairing this Mach Madness rocket, can you post a thread about it? I am eager to see the set up of the rocket you got up to almost Mach 3...

Now Dan, why would I give up my secrets ;) -- just kiddin' (BTW, AdrianA seemed pretty surprised too when he saw the Raven2 data).

Well I broke down!

BUT, the Formula98 is shown as being $99.99..Unless there is some 'secret discount code' you are using:confused2: Maybe my calculator is broken...:p

BUT, the Formula98 is shown as being $99.99..Unless there is some 'secret discount code' you are using:confused2: Maybe my calculator is broken...:p

Oh, I stopped counting cents a long time ago; it's another part of my rocket expenditure justification plan.

My Lemon Formula 98 arrived Monday, put in a couple of hours each night and I'm done. Added a switch band. First time using the Proline 4500, turned out ok.

Ready to fly at LUNAR this Saturday!

F98.jpg

F98 Switch band.jpg

F98 fillets and rail buttons.jpg

F98 fillets.jpg

So robbdm, did you fly it today at Snow Ranch? How I'd it go?

I was pleased :) with the flight, straight flight on a J180, ~2,400 ft, recovered ~100 feet from the pad.

Did have problem with nosecone bulkhead coming lose but no damage and ready to fly another day on larger motor.

Formula 98 on pad.jpg

Formula 98 lift off.jpg

Details. How much did the finished 98 weigh minus motor? What size and type of chute did you use?

I am hoping to finish mine this week and looking forward to getting it airborn.

Thanks John

Just weighted it... 9 lbs... doesn't include parachutes, motor, or GPS unit. 9 lbs does include two parachute shock cords, quick links, 54 mm Aeropack retainer, ebay, etc.

I used my Sky Angle Cert-3 Drouge and 6 ft Standard Rocketman chutes. ~50 or 58 inch Top Flight Standard Chute would work ask the main chute too.

Details. How much did the finished 98 weigh minus motor? What size and type of chute did you use?

I am hoping to finish mine this week and looking forward to getting it airborn.

Thanks John

Got mine in. Man is it "robust." Cannot believe the weight of the nosecone.

One thing disappointing though is the variation in color for the tubes. Ordered Blueberry but what I got ranges from a medium royal blue to a sky blue:)confused:). Didn't really want to paint, but might have to.

001 (1280x960).jpg

In the picture the tubes look close to the same color. The coupler looks darker. Maybe after you wax the tubes the color will be close.
gp

In the picture the tubes look close to the same color. The coupler looks darker. Maybe after you wax the tubes the color will be close.
gp

I hope. But looking at the variation you are right, it is the couplers that are on either end of the dark/light scale. The body is reasonably consistent (I'll be able to tell better with a dry fit). I just wish the whole thing was the color of the darkest coupler. Maybe if I wouldn't have seen an example of that richer color, I wouldn't be disappointed. :rolleyes:

I dunno man...I think the lighter will show the vinyl better and really "pop" when polished out :wink:

I think its going to be a very nice looking rocket. Check with Mark at StickerShock he can really come up with some nice decals.
gp

Flew my Formula 98 on Sat on a CTI K940WT to 6397', Was an awesome flight and recovery, The K940WT ripped it of the pad, Very nice motor.

I may have a pic later on tonight, If anyone else was at METRA on Sat and got a pic I'd love to see it.

Flew my Formula 98 on Sat on a CTI K940WT to 6397', Was an awesome flight and recovery, The K940WT ripped it of the pad, Very nice motor.

I may have a pic later on tonight, If anyone else was at METRA on Sat and got a pic I'd love to see it.

That was a great flight...straight as an arrow, too.

Gary, OK I'm doing external fillets tomorrow. Not a lot of experience with the black Pro-Line epoxy... Can you give an indication on about how much one would mix per fillet set for this rocket?

Last edited:
Gary, OK I'm doing external fillets tomorrow. Not a lot of experience with th black Pro-Line epoxy... Can you give an indication on about how much one would mix per fillet set for this rocket?

Tim, If I remember correctly 18-20 grams per set should suffice, Naturally your millage may vary. Post pics!

Just got my Formula 98 today and I was impressed with the quality of it. Its a awesome kit and its as tall as me lol! Im a short fellow, will be starting my Level 2 build soon.

formula98001.jpg

formula98004.jpg

formula98006.jpg

Back