New FORMULA 98 from Rocketry Warehouse

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GaryT

Reaction score
New from Rocketry Warehouse The FORMULA 98, Following its predecessors the Formula 54 & 75 the Formula 98 differs in that this one comes Dual Deploy standard, An awesome kit for L1 & L2.

Introductory Kit Price is 99.99

Combo Price 169.99
Which Includes Everything Below in matching colors:
  • Kit
  • 60" RW Select Chute
  • 9/16 Tubular Nylon Shock Cords
  • Adept 22 Altimeter

Kits will be listed on the Rocketry Warehouse web site by the March 23rd and shipping will start on March 26th.

Avalible Colors:
  • Blueberry
  • Cherry
  • Lemon
  • Lime
  • Tangerine
  • Possibly Plum
Kit Pictured in Tangerine.

Specs:
1. Over 62 Inches Tall
2. Built Weight 8 Lbs
3. CNC Precision Cut Parts
4. CNC Precision Slotted
5. Flies on everything from I to K
6. Perfect for Level 1 and Level 2
7. Requires NO Paint

Parts:
A. Black Fiberglass Filament Wound Nosecone & Coupler 22.5" Exposed Length
B. Black G10 Fiberglass Nosecone Bulkplate
C. G12 Fiberglass 4" Fiberglass Upper Tube 16” Length
D. G12 Fiberglass 4" Fiberglass Booster Tube 24” Length
E. G12 Fiberglass 54mm Motor Tube 12” Length
F. Black G10 Fiberglass 1/8” Centering Rings (2)
G. Black G10 Fiberglass 1/8 Fins
H. G12 Fiberglass Coupler 8" Length
I. Black G10 Coupler Bulk plates (2) Inner (2) Outer
J. Vinyl Decal

I'll be flying mine at Red Glare XII, Build Pics to come

11.jpg

014-1.jpg

019-1.jpg

012-3.jpg

parachute_rw_clr_l.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great, will have to wait a year to afford it probably. Loving the F75 so far, but it has not flown. I will admit to picking it up from time to time just to feel the solid heft of it. Will not admit to dancing with it.

Last edited:
Nice! I hope this is as competitively priced as the smaller versions. What are the tube lengths?

Awesome; another great deal! My F75 is being upgraded to DD, the F98 will make an excellent big brother! Love the Formula line!

-Eric-

Dang it all. Just when I get my spending under control you dangle this in front of me! And in orange too! All my screwdrivers and prybars are orange handled, so this is really temping. The pre-pack part is interesting too.

Adrian

No Problem Darrin, I have a feeling this kit is going to turn into allot of peoples workhorse rocket.

That's a nice rocket family, and they surely look like they would be some good workhorse rockets.

Are there any plans for DD configurations for the Formula 75 and 54, maybe even with the motor mount increased to the next size?

Reinhard

That's a nice rocket family, and they surely look like they would be some good workhorse rockets.

Are there any plans for DD configurations for the Formula 75 and 54, maybe even with the motor mount increased to the next size?

Reinhard

No plans to make the 54 & 75 DD, It definitely can be done but its not really their intended uses.

Still anxiously waiting for it to appear....

[refresh, wait 10 seconds, refresh ....]

I feel like I'm waiting outside the Apple store for the next iThingy to be released.

I REALLY want one, but then I realized that I can't afford or even legally purchase any motor that it would fly well on. Oh well, only three more years!

Is the combo currently available? Didn't see a link on the web site.

Thanks.

Stan:
I think the Combo Packs will be listed by the end of the week.

I should have finished pics of my Formula 98 up by Monday night or so, First flight will be at Red Glare on a CTI 4G K940WT, Looking at around 5800'.

Gary T
How far into the year before you think we may see some of the new scale kits from PR? I would like to see some by the Fall flying season. MWP10 is the 1st weekend of Nov.
Thanks
GP

I guess Wildman will have to go cheaper than $99 for his 4" kits on Black Friday, as this one is $99 all the time!

Gary T
How far into the year before you think we may see some of the new scale kits from PR? I would like to see some by the Fall flying season. MWP10 is the 1st weekend of Nov.
Thanks
GP

Gar, I think you'll start to see them in the next few months, Should have time to build them in time for MWP10.

Back