Rocket jargon.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you can't use the word you are defining in the definition of the word.

otherwise it is a meta definition in a closed loop.

~yo dawg, i heard you like CATOs, so I put a CATO in your CATO so you can CATO while you CATO.~

P

:) CATO = Of or being, or relating to the state of being in a CATO.

~yo dawg, i heard you like CATOs, so I put a CATO in your CATO so you can CATO while you CATO.~

P

That's the smurfiest bunch of smurf I ever smurfed... go SMURF YOURSELF... :lol::lol::lol:

Can you tell I've got a 7 year old in the house with a new favorite show??:D

Later! OL JR :)

I knew it was just a matter of time...Here we go!

Why, if I had a nickel for every time......

(Just for fun, I think I'll go check the Search results and see how many threads we have had on this one, and how many posts "His Shecterness" has made trying to fix the internet)

P

Certainly you can. It's called a recursive acronym. A cromulent example is GNU - Gnu's Not Unix. Another; LAME - Lame Ain't an Mp3 Encoder.

Why, if I had a nickel for every time......

(Just for fun, I think I'll go check the Search results and see how many threads we have had on this one, and how many posts "His Shecterness" has made trying to fix the internet)

So what did you come up with? Or are you still counting...

P

Sure you can, it's called a recursive acronym.

TTT

Tip to Tip. When talking about CF of FG reinforcement of the fins.

You need to "diagram your joke" and after analyzing it, you will see it is not funny. Why would there be Mothers Against Dyslexia? There are groups that support people with afflictions and there are groups that support work on cures for afflictions.

And everyone knows that the correct group is the DNA: National Association of Dyslexics

Hah! I gte it!
The acromyn is MAD, and it satnds for Dsylxeia Agaisnt Mothesr, now thta's fnnuy! :p

Get it? :wink:

Back