NAR Frustration

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Disaster_Guy

Reaction score
So I joined NAR in December and have yet to receive a magazine in the mail. On top of it, I completed my Level-1 flight back in January, sent everything off, and nothing... A few weeks ago I sent a copy of my Level-1 paperwork in again with a note that I hadn't heard anything back and for the last few weeks my profile on the NAR website has reflected Level-1 but still no new card in the mail.

Are they having problems as of late at NAR HQ? When I was a member years ago everything was pretty snappy.

Are they having problems as of late at NAR HQ?
Last issue was Jan/Feb so you might have just missed it. I renewed in late January and got my new card within two weeks, so they're keeping up as far as I know.

I know it can be frustrating. I have had my magazine come very late on a couple of occasions but it always came. Same with my updated card. A quick call has always straightened things out for me. Got to remember. These folks are all volinteers with full lives and day jobs and membership is at a high. Work with them, I know they'll make it right for you.;)

Thanks Guys.

Troy, wasn't aware that the management was all volunteer. Most associations use a third party association management firm if they don't employ their own staff.

My guess on your first attempt at sending the paperwork, the Post Office lost it.

My wife (she does TRA HQ) has been having horrible problems with the Post Office losing more than usual over the past six months. I'm sure it's impacting Marie at NAR HQ, as well.

If you're ever not sure if something was received or sent out, get in touch with Marie at NAR HQ -- she's helpful and easy to work with.

-Kevin

Last issue was Jan/Feb so you might have just missed it. I renewed in late January and got my new card within two weeks, so they're keeping up as far as I know.
That was my experience too. I renewed on January 1. I didn't get the Jan/Feb SR (understandable) but I did get the Member Handbook. I'm expecting my copy of the Mar/Apr issue of SpRocketry to arrive any time now.

It could be worse; I sent in the paperwork for my Cert 1 Flight and it accidentally got sent to the BAR Association instead of NAR.

It took me weeks to finely get my new NAR membership card so I could fly H and I motors.

On the bright side; I can now practice law in the state of Oklahoma.

Not sure how that happened.

But seriously folks; the only rub I have ever had with NAR is how late the magazine arrives at times.

Being informed recently of the successful landing of Apollo 11 is. . .

It could be worse; I sent in the paperwork for my Cert 1 Flight and it accidentally got sent to the BAR Association instead of NAR.

It took me weeks to finely get my new NAR membership card so I could fly H and I motors.

On the bright side; I can now practice law in the state of Oklahoma.

Not sure how that happened.
What motor class do you have to use successfully in order to sit behind the bench?

Last edited:
My guess on your first attempt at sending the paperwork, the Post Office lost it.

My wife (she does TRA HQ) has been having horrible problems with the Post Office losing more than usual over the past six months.

Just over a year ago I moved from Denver to Hawaii. I turned in all the mail forwarding stuff and over the following year I was getting my forwarded mail. Then a few weeks ago I got a bunch of forwarded mail that was almost a year old including two checks. Nothing to do with NAR but the postal service does lose it's way sometimes.

Latest posts

Back