Rocksim 8 Problematic Simulation

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrossApproximator

Reaction score
Okay, I'm playing around with Rocksim 8 like I often do, and I just had the strangest thing. I sim'd a 42 ounce rocket with an I motor, but the thing barely reaches 26 feet off the launch pad, and the parachute never deploys, even when I tell the sim to deploy the 'chute at apogee. The rocket is statically stable, so it isn't careening all over the place. The sim never even finishes--it just continues forever. Does anyone know what's going on?

P.S. I've tried to upload a rocksim file, but I couldn't make it work.
P.S. Sorry if this has already been covered.

Perhaps you should post your rocksim file.
Have you tried simulating it with OpenRocket?

Perhaps you should post your rocksim file.
Have you tried simulating it with OpenRocket?

No, I've never tried OpenRocket. And I'm having trouble posting Rocksim files to TRF--the problem is on my end and I can't figure out what's wrong. Maybe I re-sim the rocket from my other computer and then post the design.

Hi. I managed to fix my problem. I created a tiny custom body tube in front of the nose cone because I thought that it was necessary to build my rocket; I wanted fins on my nosecone, and I didn't realize that I could attach the fins to the main airframe and set their position forward of the front of the tube. The tube had an OD of about .01 inches, so I guess that Rocksim just didn't like that part for some reason.

Latest posts

Back