How much to you shake your cans?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use the "swirl" method to mix a can of paint. Once the ball is moving, i give it about 60 to 90 seconds more. I worry that shaking may introduce some air bubbles into the paint. When i buy house paint, the stores open the can after they have shaken it to check the color, and there are always bubbles on top. I know that the pickup tube is on the bottom of the can, and any bubbles should rise above it, but i just feel better with "swirled not shaken". Just what works for me.

Mike
Shaken, not stirred...

shakin_not_stirred.jpg

If it weren't for the last part of that I'd go shake my cans today, "Today: Mostly sunny, with a high near 73. Windy, with a south southwest wind between 25 and 31 mph, with gusts as high as 44 mph."

modeltrains said:
If it weren't for the last part of that I'd go shake my cans today, "Today: Mostly sunny, with a high near 73. Windy, with a south southwest wind between 25 and 31 mph, with gusts as high as 44 mph."

Same here in Cali. No painting today.

if it's a can of kilz ... I don't think you could ever shake it too much

Has anyone here ever actually taken a spray paint can (empty) apart? How large is that mixing ball, anyway?

Probably too long, but I want to make sure that stuff is mixed well.

It all depends on the music and how much I've had to drink.

... Oh, never mind. I see you are talking about PAINT cans.

A reminder: please don't post anything here on the beginner's board you wouldn't want your 12-year-old kiddo to read. :impatient:

I think the topic of can shaking has been sufficiently covered by now. Move along and go paint some rockets... :)

A reminder: please don't post anything here on the beginner's board you wouldn't want your 12-year-old kiddo to read.:)

Going by the posts, I thought we were all 12, myself included. :p

Rattle cans? Easy. I give one to each kid, then set up a contest to see who can shake the cans for the longest amount of time...

Later!

--Coop

Back