repaired AT Barracuda

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barracuda

Reaction score
Had my 1st cato the other day I have a AT barracuda I normally fly on E18 and E28 reloads with the adapter,has always worked great.Well I guess I shoved the igniter in to far because the moment it left the rod the chute popped and fire shot out the top of it(propellant trying to thrust out of the ejection hole?).Afterwards the 24mm case had a slightly larger hole in the ejection closure, I think it will be alright but I'm still debating on that.Anywho it's fixed with OR help but can someone tell me why when you override the mass of a component it doesn't show up in the total mass of the design?File is attached

View attachment aerotech_barracuda.ork

er, possibly because of the mass/cg over ride is set for the entire rocket(stage).
rex

Its likey the delay grain was not tight. Make sure the delay grain is tight. wrap scotch tape around the delay grain so its tight in the aft closure.

Grimracer

Its likey the delay grain was not tight. Make sure the delay grain is tight. wrap scotch tape around the delay grain so its tight in the aft closure.

Grimracer

I used to believe this as well and always tightened up the grain insulator with a bit of tape. Not sayin' it'll hurt anything. But Gary told me it's simply not required. Whats required is the grain seal against the O-ring (or rings if an older reload).

Just sayin...

Back