Finding keychain cams (and altimeters?)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BABAR

Builds Rockets for NASA
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I put a piece of shiny red mylar tape on my keychain cams. Since these little buggers are always slipping out, makes them easier to find in the grass (or in the range box!) Seems like this might work for those little altimeters, too.

I put a piece of shiny red mylar tape on my keychain cams. Since these little buggers are always slipping out, makes them easier to find in the grass (or in the range box!) Seems like this might work for those little altimeters, too.

Got any pictures or a link to the shiny red mylar tape. Sounds like it could be useful for lots of things.

For my keychain cams - I keep them in a static shield bag for protection until I'm ready to mount them on the rocket.
I use a wrap of vinyl tape to keep the memory card in place at all times.

camzip.jpg

Red Mylar. $16 for 1"x72 yards with free shipping. I started using the tape for my choppers, which since many have no motor mount tubes, need something to protect the balsa from the ejection blast. The company that sells this thru amazon has other colors as well, including silver, gold, green, blue, and black. Also comes in 0.5" and 2".
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003HKRF8A/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Back