Quantcast
NARAM info? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: NARAM info?

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post

But BTW, does NAR actually has a webmaster? I tried to mail him a couple of weeks ago but never got a response...

I've asked that same question myself many times over the years when email has gone unanswered. I was assured a year or so ago that there is a real person whose name is Terry Moore-Reed. I don't know if he (or she) is still the webmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by billspad View Post
    I've asked that same question myself many times over the years when email has gone unanswered. I was assured a year or so ago that there is a real person whose name is Terry Moore-Reed. I don't know if he (or she) is still the webmaster.
    Ok, its at least good to know that Im not the only one
    European Model Rocketry: http://www.europerocketry.com
    Modellraketen Info: http://www.modellraketen.com

troj is offline Wielder Of the Skillet Of Harsh Discipline, Potentate of Perilous Pans
    Regarding the NARAM site, suggesting Joomla is a fine idea, but there's still a learning curve to it.

Remember, the club hosting the event is full of volunteers, and they already have a lot of work to do. I'm sure they're doing the best job they can.

'tis a lot of why I offer to host forums here on TRF for events such as LDRS and NARAM -- it's one less thing the host club has to worry about.

-Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by billspad View Post
    Yes he, Terry Moore-Reed is the NAR Webmaster and you can contact him at webmaster@nar.org. If you get no reply after a resaonal amount of time you can contact me at narwebsite@gmail.com I might be able to help

Just checked and NARAM-54 is now live at www.naram.org.

A few thoughts.

1) NARAM is only 2.5 hrs from me! Sweet!

2) The website needs some help, it's just a revamp of the NARAM 49 site, as linked to by the capsule graphic up top from any page but the main page.

3) Frames?

4) I can volunteer some web design help.

Here's a suggestion.

Better? Should I submit to SMASH?
    Last edited by pick1e; 13th April 2012 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pick1e View Post
    A few thoughts.

1) NARAM is only 2.5 hrs from me! Sweet!
    And no turns! it's just off M-46!

Me I'm another hour further away on the very east end of M-46.

Still...no turns. Except through Saginaw...the road gets kind twisty in that city.
    "I'm a sandman. I've never killed anyone. I terminate runners when their time is up." Logan from "Logan's Run"

http://excelsiorrocketry.com/

Quote Originally Posted by bcanino View Post
    Feel free to document what those minimal standards might be and how to they might be achieved...
    Billspad posted them in this very thread, in post #14.
    March Briner
    NAR 80954 L2

Quote Originally Posted by RoyAtl View Post
    use of 'Comic Sans' font
    I got this and it fixed all my Comic Sans problems
    David Reese
    TRA 5590
    http://david.tdkpropulsion.com

A few thoughts.

1) NARAM is only 2.5 hrs from me! Sweet!...
    Hey - Me Too!!

I'm in Wisconsin...

It's 2.5 hours if I use this thing... a little pricy... but what the heck
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	express ferry.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	287.9 KB 
ID:	79323  
    -Scott
    NAR 91621 L2
    Woosh #558
    KC9WQK

Here's a suggestion.

Better? Should I submit to SMASH?
    Much nicer.

Yes, you should submit it to them.
    If they don't like it, I'll use it on fakenaram, the site I'm using to build a NARAM website template.
    Roy Green
    nar12605
    Southern Area Rocketry

Quote Originally Posted by scsager View Post
    Hey - Me Too!!

I'm in Wisconsin...

It's 2.5 hours if I use this thing... a little pricy... but what the heck
    I've thought about attending my first NARAM this year and going this route. Sure beats going around Chicago. But don't you guys have E.C.O.F going on the first weekend of NARAM?

Quote Originally Posted by MartinVrstal View Post
    I've thought about attending my first NARAM this year and going this route. Sure beats going around Chicago. But don't you guys have E.C.O.F going on the first weekend of NARAM?
    Me three! I'm looking to attend, planning on taking the S.S. Badger across. http://www.ssbadger.com/home.aspx. I've lived in Manitowoc nearly my entire life, but haven't taken the old ship across, I figure this is the perfect excuse! Granted, that hot rod that Chad is riding across is a bit faster!

-Eric-

Quote Originally Posted by MartinVrstal View Post
    Since the family and I are just sport flyers, we have been thinking of doing ECOF at Bong Saturday and Sunday, then spending a few "vacation days" to hit NARAM during the work week. It's a real tough choise. We would hate to miss ECOF, but there is a Saturday Night "swamp gas" nite launch at NARAM that we also want to attend.
    -Scott
    NAR 91621 L2
    Woosh #558
    KC9WQK

Quote Originally Posted by ECayemberg View Post
    Me three! I'm looking to attend, planning on taking the S.S. Badger across. http://www.ssbadger.com/home.aspx. I've lived in Manitowoc nearly my entire life, but haven't taken the old ship across, I figure this is the perfect excuse! Granted, that hot rod that Chad is riding across is a bit faster!

-Eric-
    I have "sailed" on the Badgers's Sister ship - The SS Spartan when I was a kid back in the sixties. That's part of the reason why I want to take a ferry again... My parents took me when I was a kid, now I want to take my kids.

As I recall the Badger/Spartan hits a top speed of about 15 knots. Crossing from Milwaukee used to take about 5-6 hours, but I think the trip from Manitowoc is a bit shorter.
    Last edited by scsager; 6th May 2012 at 04:03 AM.
    -Scott
    NAR 91621 L2
    Woosh #558
    KC9WQK

Quote Originally Posted by scsager View Post
    I have "sailed" on the Badgers's Sister ship - The SS Spartan when I was a kid back in the sixties. That's part of the reason why I want to take a ferry again... My parents took me when I was s kid, now I want to take my kids.

As I recall the Badger/Spartan hits a top speed of about 15 knots. Crossing from Milwaukee used to take about 5-6 hours, but I think the trip from Manitowoc is a bit shorter.
    Scott; sweet! Looking up the Spartan, it appears it is still docked and remains dormant in Ludington. Indeed, the Badger crossing is right around 4 hours.

Swamp Gas Night Launch

I'm wondering if the "Swamp Gas" Night Launch is Class 1 only, or if it holds the same waiver, etc. as the daytime activities????

-Eric-

I'll get on M-46 at M-47 and avoid the "War Zone." May only attend one weekend though.
    Bang-Bang Shoot 'Em Up Destiny! Bang-Bang Shoot 'Em Up To The Moon! Bang-Bang Shoot 'Em Up 1-2-3!

NAR 34590

Quote Originally Posted by RocketT.Coyote View Post
    I'll get on M-46 at M-47 and avoid the "War Zone." May only attend one weekend though.
    Activities wrap up Friday afternoon (8/3), so there's really only one weekend involved.

Activities on the first weekend (Fri 7/27-Sun 7/29) are pretty laid back, just informal fun flying mostly. Although the Saturday night launch and the Sunday Mercury-Atlas launch should be must-see events.
    Last edited by JStarStar; 21st May 2012 at 06:24 AM.