NARAM info?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But BTW, does NAR actually has a webmaster? I tried to mail him a couple of weeks ago but never got a response...

I've asked that same question myself many times over the years when email has gone unanswered. I was assured a year or so ago that there is a real person whose name is Terry Moore-Reed. I don't know if he (or she) is still the webmaster.

I've asked that same question myself many times over the years when email has gone unanswered. I was assured a year or so ago that there is a real person whose name is Terry Moore-Reed. I don't know if he (or she) is still the webmaster.

Ok, it´s at least good to know that I´m not the only one :rolleyes:

Regarding the NARAM site, suggesting Joomla is a fine idea, but there's still a learning curve to it.

Remember, the club hosting the event is full of volunteers, and they already have a lot of work to do. I'm sure they're doing the best job they can.

'tis a lot of why I offer to host forums here on TRF for events such as LDRS and NARAM -- it's one less thing the host club has to worry about.

-Kevin

Yes he, Terry Moore-Reed is the NAR Webmaster and you can contact him at [email protected]. If you get no reply after a resaonal amount of time you can contact me at [email protected] I might be able to help

A few thoughts.

1) NARAM is only 2.5 hrs from me! Sweet!

2) The website needs some help, it's just a revamp of the NARAM 49 site, as linked to by the capsule graphic up top from any page but the main page.

3) Frames?

4) I can volunteer some web design help.

Here's a suggestion. :cheers:

Better? Should I submit to SMASH?

Last edited:
A few thoughts.

1) NARAM is only 2.5 hrs from me! Sweet!

And no turns! it's just off M-46!

Me I'm another hour further away on the very east end of M-46.

Still...no turns. Except through Saginaw...the road gets kind twisty in that city.

A few thoughts.

1) NARAM is only 2.5 hrs from me! Sweet!...

Hey - Me Too!!

I'm in Wisconsin...

It's 2.5 hours if I use this thing... a little pricy... but what the heck :)

express ferry.jpg

Hey - Me Too!!

I'm in Wisconsin...

It's 2.5 hours if I use this thing... a little pricy... but what the heck :)

I've thought about attending my first NARAM this year and going this route. Sure beats going around Chicago. But don't you guys have E.C.O.F going on the first weekend of NARAM?

I've thought about attending my first NARAM this year and going this route. Sure beats going around Chicago. But don't you guys have E.C.O.F going on the first weekend of NARAM?

Me three! I'm looking to attend, planning on taking the S.S. Badger across. https://www.ssbadger.com/home.aspx. I've lived in Manitowoc nearly my entire life, but haven't taken the old ship across, I figure this is the perfect excuse! Granted, that hot rod that Chad is riding across is a bit faster!

-Eric-

Since the family and I are just sport flyers, we have been thinking of doing ECOF at Bong Saturday and Sunday, then spending a few "vacation days" to hit NARAM during the work week. It's a real tough choise. We would hate to miss ECOF, but there is a Saturday Night "swamp gas" nite launch at NARAM that we also want to attend.

Me three! I'm looking to attend, planning on taking the S.S. Badger across. https://www.ssbadger.com/home.aspx. I've lived in Manitowoc nearly my entire life, but haven't taken the old ship across, I figure this is the perfect excuse! Granted, that hot rod that Chad is riding across is a bit faster!

-Eric-

I have "sailed" on the Badgers's Sister ship - The SS Spartan when I was a kid back in the sixties. That's part of the reason why I want to take a ferry again... My parents took me when I was a kid, now I want to take my kids.

As I recall the Badger/Spartan hits a top speed of about 15 knots. Crossing from Milwaukee used to take about 5-6 hours, but I think the trip from Manitowoc is a bit shorter.

Last edited:
I have "sailed" on the Badgers's Sister ship - The SS Spartan when I was a kid back in the sixties. That's part of the reason why I want to take a ferry again... My parents took me when I was s kid, now I want to take my kids.

As I recall the Badger/Spartan hits a top speed of about 15 knots. Crossing from Milwaukee used to take about 5-6 hours, but I think the trip from Manitowoc is a bit shorter.

Scott; sweet! Looking up the Spartan, it appears it is still docked and remains dormant in Ludington. Indeed, the Badger crossing is right around 4 hours.

I'm wondering if the "Swamp Gas" Night Launch is Class 1 only, or if it holds the same waiver, etc. as the daytime activities????

-Eric-

I'll get on M-46 at M-47 and avoid the "War Zone." May only attend one weekend though.

Activities wrap up Friday afternoon (8/3), so there's really only one weekend involved.

Activities on the first weekend (Fri 7/27-Sun 7/29) are pretty laid back, just informal fun flying mostly. Although the Saturday night launch and the Sunday Mercury-Atlas launch should be must-see events.

Last edited:
Back