RocDoc's New Build Thread -- The 24" Diameter Super Big Daddy

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazing how many times this thread has been brought back from the dead! I've always been hopeful that RocDoc will return.

they are different. the original poster to this build - I am not sure who that is, however I do know the other ..
Rockdoc is from Chicago area and is active in the midwest launches (Michiana, Indiana, IL). His name is Gary.

Whenever someone bumps this thread I always get excited thinking that RocDoc might be back... but I always end up disappointed. I remember updates to this thread being one of the high points of TRF "back in the day".

On his profile he is from Spanaway, Washington and is a physician. He signed his name Bryan.
Using that info in a search it looks like he moved to Puyallup, WA. Came up with pics of him at launches.
A move is typically hard on a project, especially a big one.
The search turned up contact information, if someone really wanted to know status call him.

M

Whenever someone bumps this thread I always get excited thinking that RocDoc might be back... but I always end up disappointed. I remember updates to this thread being one of the high points of TRF "back in the day".

+1! You summed up my thoughts precisely! :)

On his profile he is from Spanaway, Washington and is a physician. He signed his name Bryan.
Using that info in a search it looks like he moved to Puyallup, WA. Came up with pics of him at launches.
A move is typically hard on a project, especially a big one.
The search turned up contact information, if someone really wanted to know status call him.

M

It won't be me, but if someone does make contact with him, do please let us know what became of this project!

Last edited:
I hope he comes back on the forum. Would be cool to see if the project was completed.

After some further unpleasant reading appears that he took his own life. You can never tell from the outside looking in. RIP.

Sad to hear this news :(. May he rest in peace.

Alexander Solis - TRA Level 1 - Mariah 54 - CTI-I100 Red Lightning Longburn - 6,345 Feet

Back