How many kits do you have?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many kits do you have?

• Less than 25

• 25 to 49

• 50 to 99

• 100 to 200

• over 200!

Results are only viewable after voting.

les

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
OK - there is a poll going on how many flight ready rockets do you have.

This poll is for number of unbuilt kits.

Kits in progress (that you have worked on in the last 2 years) can count.
If you started a kit but have not touched it for years - well, you decide if you really have plans to finish it.

Also, you can include planned clones if you have all the parts.

Finally,planned scratch builds can count - again, if you have all the parts and a real design in mind. Not just a bin full of tubes/nose cones/etc that could be built into something someday.

My inventory list shows I have 353 kits/clones/build in process.
And 3 more on the way! :wink:

I refuse to answer, on the grounds that my wife may find out... :wink:

-Kevin

I'm actually hoping to find out how many other crazies are out there so I can prove to my wife that I am not really that bad :rolleyes:

Number of kits or clones in the build stage: 3 (4 counting putting decals on my Mini Honest John).

Number of unbuilt kits/clones still in the bag/box: 3

Number of kits/clones/scratchbuilds in the planning stage: 4

Number of rockets I need to repair: 2

Number of future projects: ∞

One goal I have is to own every Saturn V from the Quest Micromaxx version up to the one made by Sheri's Hot Rockets.

Probably about 30 bagged/boxed kits and enough loose junk parts I can whip up a dozen or so more scratchers if I am so inclined. I think I'm going to farm a few out to my nephew/nieces.

Plus about a half-dozen "collectible" or "rarity" kits (Estes S-1B, Shuttle, Mercury-Atlas) that "to build or not to build" would be a rather major decision. :eek:

But I have this philosophy that for every kit I finish I must buy three more.:D
Make that thirteen, I forgot about my latest purchase....Saturn V

Last edited:
You need a "I have no idea!" choice. Had it been there I would've picked that. I guessed between 50 and 100. Not bad for barely three years as a BAR....:)

I am pretty sure it is between 100 and 200 kits..I have 4 of those BIG plastic totes(55Qt sized I think) full of kits, plus a couple of old kitchen cabinets full of kits..And then 17 M/HPR kits(5 of which are in my kitchen!:eek:)..I would have an accurate count but can't seem to locate the inventories I wrote up for each tote:rolleyes:

Needless to say, if I were to build 1 kit per day, it would keep me busy for quite a while!:roll:

If we're talking about kits that may have been opened and nothing more than the directions read, then the 25-49 is probably a good number.

I also have a clear plastic storage bin full of such kits.

If we're talking about kits that have been somewhat assembled but stalled for various reasons (unpainted, painted but no decals, etc.) then the number would be much higher.

Tragic, the Addiction.

Over 200... ... and, NO, I am not counting the FlisKits warehouse.... LOL These are my personal kits, built and unbuilt... Heck, the unbuilt production #2 kits I have are in the 60's... LOL

I have (only) about 15 unbuilt kits, which seems about right for me. One of my favorite things about rocketry is finishing whatever projects I've been working on, and then picking out the next one from the stash. I just pulled out an Estes Crossbow yesterday.

I have ....3, just three!:rolleyes:
Better than NONE!
Now,if you could find it in your ways to build something besides PLANE ROCKETS you just might have a few more kits.
How many regular 3FNs and 4FNs rockets do you actually have Big "D"?

HEY, HOLLY CRAP, the SUN just came out!!!!!!!!! YAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!
OH>>WAIT A MINUTE HERE, THE WINDS ARE PICKING UP..WTF:y: I CANNT GET A BREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think Ill talk a walk outside and just see if MAYBE I can get a launch or 2 in today
Later Big "D"

Last edited:
18 kits, parts for 1 clone (Black Widow) and three on the table, slowly being painted. I want to get these three completely done before I start on any more.

Over 50, but I'm counting the 4 bulk packs I bought on clearance last year. I'll be using those with the cub scouts over the next 2-3 years. For myself, I have about 25-30 unbuilt.

Chris

I have about 15 kits to build as kits. This doesn't include a bunch of educamator bulk packs of vikings and Custom Fiestas that i got cheap for parts (almost worth it for the nose coness alone, and thosee viking yellow thrust ring shover tubes make great thrust rings themselves when cut small)

Problem is i am busy scratching...... er... scratch building.

-Kevin

Dammit where's the windex...

LMFAO

All I have to say is I have fewer kits (rockets and others) and guns
than my wife has animals (yes we do live on a farm) so I'm okay...

I guess it all comes down to the age old question; Time vs. Money?

As kids we all the time in the world.
As adults we can afford our hobbies.

Oh well, there is always retirement...

I cant seem to have unbuilt kits just lying around. I cant resist building them. On the way back from the hobby store, I usually have the bag open and am half way through reading the instructions. I love to build!
I can belive how some people just have kits that they've had for years and never built.

Alex

I recently purchased the entire inventory of Estes, Fliskits and SEMROC from Commonwealth Display.

I now have over 800 kits in addition to what I already had!

Do I win?:eyeroll:

Last edited:
Thanks for the impetus to catalog my kits. I found out I had way more than I thought. Plus I found I had way more duplicates of some kits (do I really need 4 Estes Phoenix and 3 Silver Comets?). Not to mention someone :p in my house has 4(!!) Estes Saturn V #2157's, 1 #2001 Sat V, 1 1236 Sat V, and 1 Sirius Rocketry 6" Sat V. Seven Saturn V's, really? Never built a one yet. Cripes!
Anyhow total unbuilt kits are 64. Most are OOP. Hopefully some are valuable ;)
Then on to the other post with 25 flyable!
Adrian

Last edited:
I cant seem to have unbuilt kits just lying around. I cant resist building them. On the way back from the hobby store, I usually have the bag open and am half way through reading the instructions. I love to build!
I can belive how some people just have kits that they've had for years and never built.

Alex

Alex,

To the point of my earlier post. Your 15, I'm 44 with a lovely wife and
2 boys, in about 20-30 years you will understand.

BTW, I was just like you 30 years ago.

Ron

I recently purchased the entire inventory of Estes, Fliskits and SEMROC from Commonwealth Display.

I now have over 800 kits in addition to what I already had!

Do I win?:eyeroll:

Well, I'm not sure it is fair to count sales inventory. I'm sure Jim and Carl could give you a run for your money... :p

Main Estes warehouse probably has this beat!

-Kevin

CHICKEN!!!!

We now know that you are a :marshmallow: in Deb's hands!

I have a whopping 7 kits
and probably 15 scratch builts in the shop.

Back