How many kits do you have?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many kits do you have?

• Less than 25

• 25 to 49

• 50 to 99

• 100 to 200

• over 200!

Results are only viewable after voting.
More kits than time! If I live to the age of 217, then I should have enough time to finish my kits. I really dont' have that many...honest!

Wow, I hope I never get as bad as some of you guys. I have 8: One is waiting for its 2nd and 3rd color of paint, 2 waiting to start being painted, 4 kits in bags waiting for me to start them, and 1 scratch build I planned with leftover parts but can't seem to find the motor mount.

I cant seem to have unbuilt kits just lying around. I cant resist building them. On the way back from the hobby store, I usually have the bag open and am half way through reading the instructions. I love to build!
I can belive how some people just have kits that they've had for years and never built.

Alex

I do the same thing... plus i am on a limited budget so i rairly buy kits anyway

88 as of now. I added that to my sig so I wouldn't have to keep counting.

and to think, my son and I have only been at this for a year or so...:surprised:

I know, I just revived this thread... but you can blame Scotty Dog for linking to it.

Last count put me just over 200. This includes built, build pile, and cannibalized for parts (e.g. Estes Magician converted to Cherokee D, remaining parts went into the Clearokee D (clear payload section as the motor tube), and clones of the Estes Yellow Jacket (nose cone) and Warp II/Loadstar II (transition)).

Last edited:
I know, I just revived this thread... but you can blame Scotty Dog for linking to it.

Last count put me just over 200. This includes built, build pile, and cannibalized for parts (e.g. Estes Magician converted to Cherokee D, remaining parts went into the Clearokee D (clear payload section as the motor tube), and clones of the Estes Yellow Jacket (nose cone) and Warp II/Loadstar II (transition)).
HMMMMMMMMMM, I get blamed for ...ahhhhh I wont go there. :wink:
Anywhooo--maybe YOU could start a new one. Then we could compare them being I and most TRFers have allready voted.
I'm betting most have more kits now and I would assume its (POLL) expired.
I'm buying more today..ba ha wha ha ha ha

I have three but that's too many I won't buy another till I start building my last unopened one

2 kits, a FlisKits Decim8 and an ASP WAC Corporal 24mm to 18mm and I just look at both :p However I have 60+ nosecones with an order of 15 more coming from SEMROC with plenty of tubes to build pretty much whatever size rocket I desire. They had some 30" long BT55 tubing...I got 3 pieces :)

Last edited by a moderator:
A grand total of..........................3.
However, that's mostly because I build almost all kits as soon as I buy them.

At any time, I probably have around 30-40 flyable, I currently have 5 midpower (More than E, I have lots of 24mm rockets), and typically take 10 (3 were 29mm last time) to local launches. I also have flown my Decaffinator at every launch since I built it a few months ago.

Only have 25 C11-E12 24mm motors, and 4 29MM motors right now.

Last edited:
A mega mosquito, mini mosquito, Ascender, Aerotech Tomahawk almost done, crossfire. Geez that's a lot to build!

Launching rockets (or missiles in my case) is so easy a chimp could do it. Read a step, do a step, eat a banana.

Sent from my iPad Air using Rocketry Forum.

A lot...probably 400-450, mostly acquired over 20 years ago. In recent years most kits I get are built right away.

I'm embarrassed to say that I have only 12 model rocket kits, All Estes still in original bags/boxes.

16 of my rockets are complete, painted and ready to launch.

2 need repair/1 non repairable/ 1 unrecovered

Is there a certain number of rockets that need to be acquired to be part of a club/group or become a true rocketeer?
If there is, I will try my best to work harder at it.

My 2012 guess of 30 was low (I had a tote box full of kits I had forgotten about) and I've loaded up on a few of the clearance sales over the last couple years, so I'd guess I'm up to about 75 actual kits now. I snapped up a couple of "rocketry retirement" sales on Craigslist and eBay and picked up a couple boxes of loose parts, and I'd guess I have enough parts to build another 40-50 if I saw fit.

So I've just got to block off a week or so to set up an assembly line and crank out a dozen or so new rockets.

Edit: Just for fun I counted up all the built rockets I have and came up with 44 rockets in more or less immediately flyable shape, 8 requiring significant but not extensive repairs, and 3 requiring major repairs or salvaging into a new rocket.

Then I get into my approx. 75 unbuilt kits and loose parts for 40 more scratch builds. Time to get busy.

Last edited:
Yes. I've had 'issues'. First the valve. Then a complete lack of 'energy' from diabetes.
But I know I have to get this ass in gear.
I'll be at GSSP in July.
And I'm planning on RocStock.
And yes... I need to get my ass in gear to SCRA. It's been 1 year almost to the day since I launched a rocket... :(
No excuses... I need to "GET MY ASS IN GEAR"... but it's easier said than done. Especially since nothing happens later in the day... aka I have to get up early.

Yes. I've had 'issues'. First the valve. Then a complete lack of 'energy' from diabetes.
But I know I have to get this ass in gear.
I'll be at GSSP in July.
And I'm planning on RocStock.
And yes... I need to get my ass in gear to SCRA. It's been 1 year almost to the day since I launched a rocket... :(
No excuses... I need to "GET MY ASS IN GEAR"... but it's easier said than done. Especially since nothing happens later in the day... aka I have to get up early.
Been wondering about you, hippie. :)

Glad to see you're getting things turned around.

I'm planning on RocStock to, which is only 15 minutes away from me. I just bought a Magician with the clear payload for the night launches. I'm looking for a bright purple LED flashing light to match the decals.
Hope you can make it.

Back