Centuri - Acro-Bat (KBG-3 or #5059) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnNGA

Reaction score
Here's a couple of recent builds. The Centuri Acro-Bat will glide great but yet to be tested vertical. Rocket Development Corp Nova to be flown soon, it is a three engine cluster with outer pods to drop off (I hope).

Post copied to gallery with permission

Attachments

• boys weekend 005.jpg
    boys weekend 005.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 59
  • boys weekend 006.jpg
    boys weekend 006.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 57
  • boys weekend 007.jpg
    boys weekend 007.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 52
Last edited by a moderator:
Love the Arco-Bat! The Nova looks real nice, too. I appreciate that you model the oldies and goodies. Is that Arco-Bat from an old kit or is it cloned? In any event—nice work!

I really dig the old Centuri launch pad. I found a Centuri range box with the high-buzz launch controller, the deflection plate, and various and sundry pieces—but not the pad. Dang it.

You wouldn't have templates of the base structure would you?

Last edited:
Love the Arco-Bat! The Nova looks real nice, too. I appreciate that you model the oldies and goodies. Is that Arco-Bat from an old kit or is it cloned? In any event—nice work!

I really dig the old Centuri launch pad. I found a Centuri range box with the high-buzz launch controller, the deflection plate, and various and sundry pieces—but not the pad. Dang it.

You wouldn't have templates of the base structure would you?

Thanks..I always liked the Centuri stuff, looked very high tech. The Acro-Bat plans I used came from YORF on a post by LTV Scout on 09-29-2008, I don't know how to give you the link (I'm not too computer savy).

The Centuri pad is a cloned LIA-77, I had an orignal Deflector/Ignitor unit and tried to recreate the tripod from photo and drawings. I think it's close to the original. I can send you info on what I have Via snail mail.

Thank you! I appreciate it very much. PM sent.

Welcome to the Centuri Acro-Bat (KBG-3 or #5059) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Centuri Acro-Bat (KBG-3 or #5059) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Centuri: Acro-Bat: KBG-3 or #5059

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Centuri Acro-Bat (KBG-3 or #5059 Basic Information.

centuri_engineering.gif
Centuri Engineering

MODEL NAME: Acro-Bat Also known as:

NUMBER: KBG-3 or #5059

Introduced: 1963
Final Year: 1965
Designer: Lee Piester

Type: Boost Glider
Motor Mount: 1x18mm
Recovery: Glide
Stages: 1
Length: 15"
Diameter:
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description: Powered flight straight up - - then glide return for a soft landing. New improved design incorporated canard control surfaces with delta wing to give longer glide duration time. With the insertion of a new rocket engine, the Acro-Bat is ready to fly again. Completed model measures 15" from tip to tail. (Centuri 1964 Catalog)

Advertising Liveries

centuri-acro%20bat%20kbg3-1964%20cat%20livery.jpg
Centuri 1964 Catalog
centuri-acro%20bat%20kbg3-1965%20cat%20livery.jpg
Centuri 1965 Catalog

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Back