Received my Saturn V kits this afternoon, and no time like the present to get started on this project!
So let's get started! Here are the parts in the bags in the box in the rocket room in the house in the....
So, first thing..This IS going to be a cluster powered rocket! The real Sat V had 5 motors pushing it off the pad, and so will this one! I decided on a central 24mm with 4 outboard 18mm..Weird part was that when putting this together there was quite a bit of slop in fitting it in the BT70 stuffer tube..As a 'work around' and to get the engine mount more secure I wrapped a few layers of tape, it is now in snug and secure!Oh, and I ended up putting the mount in a COUPLER! Now to do some 'surgery' on the plastic pieces.
Here are the parts for the stage 1 section..Plastic base with fairings, the engine mount and the stuffer tube..Hole is to be drilled out of the plastic base piece..
Here is the plastic base piece with a hole cut out of it..I got it a little off center but that is okay, as I need to do a LOT trimming up to get the opening big enough for the tubing..