SEDS Announces 2nd Annual Student High Powered Rocketry Competition

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Students for the Exploration and Development of Space (SEDS) has announced the 2nd Annual High Powered Rocketry Competition for students. The goal of this competition is to design, construct, and launch a high-powered rocket carrying a minimum .5 kg payload to a height of 3050 meters (10,000 feet) above ground level, as measured by a standard altimeter. A design report will be due to the Competition Coordinator at the beginning of April and all teams must launch and submit final documentation by July 30th, 2012. The winners will be announced at SEDS annual conference, SpaceVision, this year being held in Buffalo, New York.

For more information and to check out the competition rules please visit seds.org or a direct link can be found here: https://seds.org/2012/01/2nd-annual-seds-high-powered-rocketry-competition-announcement/.

SEDS-USA encourages chapters to work and launch together, so if you're not involved in SEDS but would like to compete please contact the Competition Coordinator and (in some cases) you might want to see if there is a local SEDS chapter nearby that you can join!

Thanks and Good Luck!

I'm in.

The IEEE has been anything but helpful for my previous rocket projects, so it's time to set my sights a little lower. Say 96050km lower...

Anyways, I'll be scrounging around to see if I can find the people and funding to get the University of Vermont into the fray!

Is there a date we need to apply by, or do we just need to get our design report in by the beginning of April?

Actually yeah, same question as daveyfire. How many teams competed last time? I'd really like to push for this, but I need to know how to market it to the various sources of funding and potential teammates.

Back