Estes - Outlander (#2110) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stantonjtroy

Reaction score
My son and I have one ( our second actually) set up with a 24mm mount. Fantastic performer. Flew it twice today in fact. Both flights on an Aerotech E20-4W single use. We also added an ejection baffle. Not alot of room in there but we managed to get everything in there. We did change the silicone tubing/hinge material for a slightly heaver neoprane tube. The original material doesn't hold up well. We also did a custome decal/finish job

Post copied to gallery with permission

Attachments

• Photo1.jpg
    Photo1.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 93
Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the Estes Outlander (#2110) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Estes Outlander (#2110) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Estes: Outlander: #2110

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Estes Outlander (#2110) Basic Information.

estes.gif
Estes Industries

MODEL NAME: Outlander Also known as:

NUMBER: #2110

Introduced: 2003
Final Year: 2008
Designer:

Type: Exotic
Motor Mount: 1x18mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 12.5"
Diameter: 4.375"
Span:
Weight: 4.2 oz

Mfg. Description: Get ready to explore the outer rim of the galaxy with the Outlander. It's stellar-looking design and decals complement the unique "Chute & Lander" recovery system. (Estes 2004 Catalog)

Advertising Liveries

estes-outlander%202110-2004%20cat%20livery.jpg
Estes 2004 Catalog
estes-outlander%202110-2005%20cat%20livery.jpg
Estes 2005 Catalog

estes-outlander%202110-2006%20cat%20livery.jpg
Estes 2006 Catalog
estes-outlander%202110-2007%20cat%20livery.jpg
Estes 2007 Catalog

estes-outlander%202110-2007%20web%20livery.jpg
Estes 2007 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

estes-outlander%202110-instr.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
I built this one a while back and haven't flown it yet. I used the decals from Excelsior, and drilled holes in the landing legs to lighten then slightly and, well, it looks really cool. :D The Motor Mount is upgraded to 24mm.

Outlander_Small.jpg

Here is mine off on its 18th flight. It has the stock engine mount so it gets a diet of C5-3 or my old (1968) vintage C6-3s that seem to work better than the new C6 motors. If I build the spare I have I will put a 24mm motor mount in it for C11 or D12 power. I bet a C11 will give it a perfect flight, although I can't complain about mine, it flies great on the C6s.

outlander launch.jpg

definitely don’t go with the C6-3!

agreed. would probably leave many of the barrels in the grass by the pad. the contact area between the bt and horizontal barrels is a single little point. i didn't take any time to do more than just dot it with glue. if i were to do it again, i'd poke a hole or two through each tube, i guess. used a little acrylic nail glue to secure the decal edges on the small, curved surfaces, without which they do not adhere completely, and would definitely not survive any launch

Back