Dr. Zooch - Space Launch System Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boosterdude

Reaction score
Another nice kit form the doctor.

DSC00441.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Another nice kit form the doctor.
Another great build from Boosterdude. Not only do you build 'em to perfection, you can photograph them as well. Very, very nice.

Last edited:
VERY nice... love the striping around the capsule and decals... really sets it off! Nice flame job on the fins too!

KUTGW!!! OL JR :)

I am getting ready to try and index this one (It does look great, by the way!) and am trying to figure out how to do it.

My assumption, with a Zooch model, is that it is a SCALE entry. On reading a little more, I thought it might better fit into FANTASY SCALE.

My inclination now is to do neither and list it as an original Zooch creation.

Comments?

Welcome to the Dr. Zooch Space Launch System Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Dr. Zooch Space Launch System and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Dr. Zooch: Space Launch System:

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Dr. Zooch Space Launch System Basic Information.

dr_zooch.gif
Dr. Zooch Rockets

MODEL NAME: Space Launch System Also known as: SLS

NUMBER:

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Pseudo Scale
Motor Mount: 1x18mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: ~17"
Diameter:
Span: 4"
Weight: 2.7 oz

Mfg. Description: With the ending of the Space Shuttle program, as mandated by President Bush, followed by
President Obama’s unexpected cancelation of the Shuttle’s replacement- the Constellation program-
the United States was left without a federal manned spaceflight capability for the first time in a half
century. The Congress found that unacceptable and thus mandated that the national policy would
be that the USA must have a Shuttle replacement and that same launcher must be able to loft
vehicles for exploration beyond low earth orbit. This heavy lift launch vehicle became known as the
Space Launch System (SLS) and was placed into the NASA Authorization Act of 2010. Although
NASA has refused to make public the details of the SLS, we here at Dr. Zooch Rockets have
developed this kit based on leaked information. Thus, you can fly the SLS before NASA even gets
started on it!

The rocket stands just over 17 inches tall without fins and flies using or FlameFin design. It weighs
2.7 oz. empty and has a 4 inch fin span. It is a single stage rocket with parachute recovery and uses
18mm engines such as a “B” or a “C.” (Dr. Zooch 2012 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

dr%20zooch-space%20launch%20system-2012%20web.jpg
2012 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
I am getting ready to try and index this one (It does look great, by the way!) and am trying to figure out how to do it.

My assumption, with a Zooch model, is that it is a SCALE entry. On reading a little more, I thought it might better fit into FANTASY SCALE.

My inclination now is to do neither and list it as an original Zooch creation.

Comments?

Well, true enough Wes claims his stuff is "ant scale" and not particularly any one specific 'scale' religeously ahered to...

It's not really "fantasy" scale either, unless NASA has another major shakeup and starts having programs canceled, cancelling flights, etc... Oh wait... better stay tuned on that count...

Might be better off to just ask Wes directly where HE thinks it should be stuck... ;)

Later! OL JR :)

Here's the EFT-1, Shuttle, and SLS on home-made display stands I made from some scrap wood and dowels I had in the garage left over from some other projects. They look great together, but somehow they long for the company of more Dr. Zooch kits. I can't wait to fly them.

DSC_6099.jpg

Zooch SLS J 041_WEB.jpg

Zooch SLS J 037_WEB.jpg Zooch SLS K_WEB.jpg

Next to my Zooch Saturn V, this is a favorite build and flyer!

Back