Quest High-Q 4" Upscale

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Disaster_Guy

Reaction score
I have been kicking this idea around for a while now. A 200% Scale (4") Quest High-Q. It will be dual-deploy with a 54mm MMT. I am thinking that this may be my Level-2 Cert rocket. The OpenRocket file is attached.

A couple considerations I have been floating...

-I have designed this using LOC airframe components. Any potential issues with unglassed LOC tubes here? OR is calculating approaching Mach 1 with a J449 however this is without adding the weight for electronics, epoxy, etc to the sim.

-Part of the design is to be able to accommodate a second stage in the future. based upon the prototype 2-stage Quest version that was never released. I am looking to accommodate this by placing a small 3/16" brass tube down the airframe from about 1/2" aft of the coupler extending even with the aft centering ring. This would allow wiring to pass from the e-bay to the sustainer motor. Similarly, the aft centering ring is recessed 1" into the airframe to allow the fitment of a coupler to attach the booster.

View attachment 2x High-Q.ork

200p High-Q.jpg

Back