Copied from the OROC mailing list with permission:
New NXRS Contest Announcement:
We currently have Shred Race @ NXRS and Sparky Challenge @ NXRS planned as contests. We are very pleased to announce a third contest coming to NXRS 2012. Allied Orthopedic of Boise, Idaho is sponsoring a high altitude challenge. We are pleased to announce the Allied Orthopedic Waiverbait Competition @ NXRS. Winner will receive a $1,000 prize. That's correct, a $1,000 prize to the winner.
First, we (NXRS director and Host) and OregonRocketry BoD want to thank Allied Orthopedic of Boise, Idaho for this generous offer. Winner is the highest recorded flight above 35,000 feet AGL, but you cannot break the waiver.
Here are the preliminary rules:
- Flight must happen at NXRS between Friday 8am and Sunday 1pm
- Flight must adhere to all TRA and OROC rules, codes, and site guidelines
- Flight must exceed 35,000 feet AGL
- Flight altitude must be recorded using a berometric altimeter
- Disqualified if flight exceeds waiver (42.2K Commercial, 38.0K Research)
- Do not exceed the overall 42,200 feet AGL waiver [period]
- Must be capable of uploading flight data on site for judging
- Flight may only attempted during an extended window period
- Flight / Rocket must be RSO approved
- Must be a TRA member, in good standing and certification level meets motor size used (no cheaters)
Basically the judges will review all altimeter data submitted. Judges will have final decision before announcing the winner. These rules are preliminary, and may be modified at any time without notice. The official details of this contest will be posted on the NXRS page on OregonRocketry.com. Official judges will be announced as well soon, so that you can work on bribes. If I'm one, I like Sierra Nevada. Just kidding there.
You must avoid breaking the waiver.
Certainly hope I got your attention. The Northwest Xtreme Rocket Show is a great regional/national event. You do not want to miss this event. Happening June 29th - July 1st 2012. Our 2012 tagline is, "Are You Xtreme?" Well are you? Join us and participate in a great launch, and take a chance for the Allied Orthopedic Waiverbait Competition @ NXRS for a chance at $1,000. Find a way to be there. If you're in jail, break out. You do not want to miss NXRS 2012.
Robert Krausert (NXRS Host & Sidekick) and Fred Azinger (NXRS Director)