Fliskits Crayon

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i took the crayon out of my cart. ill probably still get one though. but i want to build a box of rolled cardstock crayons from scratch

I found some dry transfer lettering at HobbyTown for my Fliskits HJ. You can search for mg740 45 usa gothic white to find places that sell it online. It looks like Tower Hobbies has some.

Let us know how those turn out. The Fliskits crayon and Honest John were my first two Fliskits kits too. They are addictive. I just ordered a Deuce.

daaaaaaang that lettering cost as much as a rocket!

1/4" I'm pretty sure. T2+ tubing is .281" od. .255" ID. with .013" wall.

Making the 8 basic color pack was a Hoot! I get more request for the "box of Crayons" then other Micro Odd-Rocs. it is/was a fun project.

what did you use for launch lugs?

what did you use for launch lugs?

Dollar Store Q-Tips Plastic Stems. Sand with 120grit paper to rough-Up the surface before cutting to size, CA or epoxy in place.

Some smaller Coffee Stir sticks work well also, or you can always roll your own using two strips of computer paper, some thinned Elemers glue and a mold release coated mandrel or .050" Drill bit. These last items are usually reserved for Scale models were the absolute minimum size is desired.

Last edited:
I gotta tell ya--the more I look at these Micros the more I'M INTRIGUED. I wish my eyes were better these days. I'm thinking about coming out of afterburner and trying this . Might open a lot of options for me.

Dollar Store Q-Tips Plastic Stems. Sand with 120grit paper to rough-Up the surface before cutting to size, CA or epoxy in place.

Some smaller Coffee Stir sticks work well also, or you can always roll your own using two strips of computer paper, some thinned Elemers glue and a mold release coated mandrel or .050" Drill bit. These last items are usually reserved for Scale models were the absolute minimum size is desired.

i went for the rolled printer paper as i was rolling a tube anyway and had some scraps

I gotta tell ya--the more I look at these Micros the more I'M INTRIGUED. I wish my eyes were better these days. I'm thinking about coming out of afterburner and trying this . Might open a lot of options for me.

Hornet Driver:
One of the main reasons I started building Micros was I was simply running out of room for larger models. I've overfilled a 12'x12'x10' shed, most of the open spots in the house and basement.....Micros have opened up a whole new leave were i'm storing nearly 300 different models in the space of ONE large roll around Tool box and a add-on top box.

On the field they fly just fine, as I've said many times before 200, 2,000 or 20,000feet...out of sight is OUT of Sight. The difference is in the length of time and distance it takes to retrieve them.

I'm not a small guy, 6'-2 over 300lbs with stubby little fingers, eyes only average anymore. That's what magnifying lenses, loops & fixtures are for;) I'm pretty sure if I can build Micro models just about anybody can...come on in the modeling is fine... GREAT fun and exciting flying.

One thing I love about micros, is all my rocket building operations have moved to the kitchen table. :)

Someone asked for a comparison photo.
Here's my Flis next to a RalphCo 4.93".

IMG_2120c_1_1_1.jpg

IMG_2118C2_1_1.jpg

Back