WCR - Screamer (K1) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAL3

Reaction score
West Coast Rocketry was a company I had never heard of until a few years ago when I saw some kits for sale on eBay. I bid on several of them but, per usual, did not get the ones I really wanted. I did get the Screamer, though.

I built the Screamer II first and liked it well enough to build the Screamer shortly thereafter. I painted the II like a John Deere Tractor and called it, "John Deere". I decided to go with a reversed paintjob for the original and I call it the "Jane Doe".

Mark from Stickershock prepared plans for a nice set of decals for each. Unfortunately, that coincided with my sudden unemployment so I was never able to order them. Hopefully, he still has the files and I will be able to do so some day.

They are both simple rockets but good and dependable performers.

Scr-completed-1.jpg

WCR-Scr-f1b.jpg

scr-f1d.jpg

Jane-Doe-f1d.jpg

Last edited:
As I mentioned above, the Screamer II was built first. It has flown more than the Screamer and has also always performed great. The color, though, can make it difficult to find when launching in the hill country in the spring.

Screamer-II-completed.jpg

maiden-flight.jpg

John-Deere-f1d.jpg

John-Deere-f1e.jpg

jd-f1a.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the WCR Screamer (K1) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the WCR Screamer (K1) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

WCR: Screamer: K1
WCR: Screamer II:

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
WCR Screamer (K1) Basic Information.

West_Coast_Rocketry_logo.gif
West Coast Rocketry (WCR)

MODEL NAME: Screamer Also known as:

NUMBER: K1

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Sport, Payload
Motor Mount: 1x29mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 42"
Diameter: 2.25"
Span:
Weight: 14 oz

Mfg. Description: The SCREAMER is a single 29mm motor Hi-Performance vehicle. This kit utilizes both single use and KOSDON/TRM RELOADABLE Motors. Computer assisted design makes this kit an excellent choice for individuals moving up in Advanced Rocketry and obtaining Class B/1.3 Consumer Status.
*Balsa Nose Cone
*Aircraft Plywood Fins and Rings
*Through the Wall Fin Construction
*Payload Section
*Parachute Recovery

This kit is recommended for those with previous model rocket experience. (WCR 1994 Catalog)

Advertising Liveries

wcr-screamer%20k1-1994%20cat.jpg
1994 Catalog

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
WCR Screamer II Basic Information.

West_Coast_Rocketry_logo.gif
West Coast Rocketry (WCR)

MODEL NAME: Screamer II Also known as:

NUMBER:

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Sport, Payload
Motor Mount: 1x29mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length:
Diameter: 2.25"
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description:

Advertising Liveries

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Back